FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

And I can’t insert the FEditor script, it just freezes.
Only the one I directly exported from FEBuilder, but that messes everything up.
And as you can see, it’s FE 6.
I didn’t check if it works with the other two.

I think that FE6U is passing through the translation layer by tbl.
Editing via tbl causes various adverse effects.

I will investigate if I can do it, but I want you to use FE7U or FE8U instead of FE6U.
When TBL conversion comes in the way, there are various restrictions.

Hi, it’s me again. So I’m having a bit of trouble inserting a moving map sprite (the Jacketed Swordmaster one). When I click “Import” FEBuilder doesn’t do anything. I’ve checked that the palette is fine, and I’ve made sure there is nothing wrong with it. I can insert it with GBAGE, but then FEBuilder doesn’t recognize That the animation is there. If you could provide any assistance, I would be grateful.

Which image do you want to import?
Please write the URL.

EDIT: I’ve also had this problem with other sprites. Moving map sprites seem to be the only things that cause problems, standing sprites all work fine so far.

Fixed with ver 20171223.00.
You can not fix broken objects, so please return from backup.
Then export the text again with the modified version of the ROM translation tool after ver 20171223.00.
(Please do not use exported text before. It was because there was a problem with export using tbl.)

Then, after you replace the character string you want to change, please import again.
This time, it should work correctly.

Fixed with ver 20171223.00.
There was a problem with the process of modifying the map animation where the palette is not the prescribed value.
Fix to work correctly.

Umm I’m having some trouble when allocating new battle animations, I try to create a new animation and it says “Unable to write to addresses 0 to 0x100.” What should I do?

Hello there! I was wondering about what SYSTEM_Ring correction did for FE8U. And the “Yuan reason extinguishing” events.

As seen there. They don’t seem to load at all, in the case of the Yuan reasons.

Unable to write to addresses 0 to 0x100

This is an error due to the protection function of FEBuilderGBA.
The ROM 0x00 - 0x100 area has information necessary for booting up, and there is almost no writing to it.

Rewriting this area will damage the ROM.
Therefore, even if the user wants to write to that area, FEBuilderGBA will refuse to write.

It is unlikely that this error will be caused by rewriting battle animation.
I think that some other error has occurred.

Because there is not enough information, please tell me more information.

Q1: What version of FE are you trying to rewrite?
FE8U FE7U FE6 Which one is it?

Q2: What is the animation you are importing?
Is it published?
I would like to test as well, so can you give me a URL?

Q3: In what state is “when allocating new battle animations” ?

Are you trying to extend the animation table and add it?
Or are you trying to overwrite existing animation?
Please tell me more.

Since I have to reproduce the error, please give me detailed instructions.
How do I get an error?

Q4: Do you add other modifications to this ROM?
When making changes, is it possible to publish ups patches?

I think I’ve fixed the issue it seemed to be caused when importing the axe knight animation to a repointed table but after I saved and reopened the rom it has fixed itself.

This is a porting patch from FE8J.
Porting may be incorrect as it specifies the routine by binary comparison from the pointer tool of FEBuilderGBA.

I would like to investigate further.

The “Do not leave apprentices Promotion without permission” appearing in the screen shot image,
Ewan, Ross, Amelia’s three apprentices classes prevent you from automatically promoting on Lv 10.

About “SYSTEM_ ring correction” which is written in sentences.
I think that this is the one that makes all the rings all together the same effect.
However, I do not understand this very well. ;(:slight_smile:

Since it incorporates what was posted in the document, it may be wrong.
Besides, since ring does not appear in FE8, there is also possibility of mistake.

Does that mean that the problem was solved?
It is very strange to be cured if you save and reopen it.

If it occurs the next time, please create an ups patch and send it to me.

I have a request for something you should include.
As you know, every battle animation has ally, enemy and NPC palettes.
And I’ve noticed that there doesn’t seem to be a way to edit generic palettes.
I think you should include the option to do that.
One where you can assign different palettes to battle animations.

I will explain it in the lower part of this document.
Click on the palette part of the battle animation screen, the change screen will appear.

http://ngmansion.xyz/wiki/hackfe/index.php?解説/FEBuilderGBA/Porting_FE7_lyn_to_FE8_EN#naa1556f

Is it difficult to find directions to the screen?
How do you think it will be better?
If you have ideas for UI, please tell me.

I have a question: Will the ROM Hack “FE7 Chaos Mode” break when you try to make even a minor change to it, considering the game has extra animations and “T3” promotions for the already promoted classes?

Will the ROM Hack “FE7 Chaos Mode” break when you try to make even a minor change to it, considering the game has extra animations and “T3” promotions for the already promoted classes?

What has changed, what happened?
How can you say that “break”?

How can I reproduce the problem?

Please write in concrete.

You should probably try editing it before asking if it will break.

This has been happening for a while now and it starts to piss me off, but almost every portrait I try to insert gets the notification that it exceeds 16 colors, although it clearly has 16 colors.

Remember that 16 colours include the background colour. 16 + background = 17. The portrait itself should have 15 colours, along with the background.