FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

It’s still in progress, but when it’s done I’ll release it as an IPS patch(writing over old data, no new space needed).

I am looking forward to the release.
We can port to other GBAFE series if not only IPS, but also source code is attached together.

The source is in C++ so it should be fairly portable provided the relevant addresses.

Oh, it is amazing.
It is a full-scale implementation.
I am looking forward to the release.

Here’s what I did.

Battle Animation is set to Nosferatu instead of Javelin, but this is only shown when attacking from 2-range.

Additional effect is “Absorbs Dmg Dealt”.

Before, there was no issue when attacking from 2-range, but when attacking in melee, some graphical issues occur (“NO DAMAGE” appears even though he should take damage). What I wanted to do was make the lance work like the Runesword, to have the same animations regardless of range.

Oh, so you want the ranged animation to trigger like with hand axes and the runewsword?
Yeah, I would like to know how to do that too.
But I’m sure it requires a bit more than that.
Probably hardcoded.

It is certainly strange

For melee attacks, indirect effects are displayed correctly only in Runesword.
Even if my completely copy the Runesword setting, it will not work properly.

I checked the source code.

ID:0x11 Runesword is hard-coded.
If you change this, you can have the Runesword effect for your favorite weapon.

FE8J
080590f4
cmp r0, #11 //if(Runesword){ judgment.
bne $00059102
ldr r0, [sp, #18]
cmp r0, #0
bne $00059102
mov r1, #1
str r1, [sp, #18] //confirmed as Runesword.

08059102 // }
ldr r4, [sp, #4]

Please change the place where 590f4:11 is set to the corresponding weapon ID.(FE8J)
However, since there is only one if statement, only one can have the Runesword effect.
If you want to have the same effect for multiple weapons, you need to extend this IF statement.

Looking at other series using FEBuilderGBA’s pointer calculation tool, it seems that it can be set with the following routine in other series.
(Using FEBuilderGBA’s MENU Tool -> pointer calculation tool, we can calculate the addresses in other series.)

FE8U
0582A8

FE7J

FE7U
052D58

FE6
NONE (Runesword is from FE 7.)

For example, if you set 1C Javelin with FE8U, please set 0582A8:1C.
In the next update, I would like to make a patch so that I can easily change it.

I have also found a routine for ID:28 Hand Axe,ID:29 Tomahawk,ID:2C Hatchet.
These also have the same effect as Runes Sword, so it seems like it’s better to collapse one.
There was also a routine of whether the enemy is equipped with this item.

Please update to ver 20171218.21.

From MENU Tool -> Patch,
There are four starting from “Always Indirect motion”.
Only that weapon can do indirect attack even by direct attack.

Please assign the weapon ID you want to set.

So, quick question, how would I change what weapon you receive in the FE8 prologue with this? I’ve looked all over and I can’t find a single trace of the Rapier in the Events. If I have to, I’ll just swap the Rapier with something else, but I’d rather just be able to change the event directly.

Do you mean you want to turn rapier into another weapon?
This event is written in the start event of the prologue.

It is in the second subroutine from the bottom of the start event.
Double-click on this event to open the event address.
Then you have an event to hand rapier.
Most processing can be found by examining subroutines.

1 Like

Thanks a ton! I spent so long searching for it. Funnily enough, I actually found it myself not long before I checked if anybody had responded here.

Dumb question, but does FEBuilder allow exporting animations from other Fire Emblem games?
I want to use Apocalypse’s animation for a hack I’m working on.

I’m trying to import a portrait made in Adobe or MS Paint, but when I carry it over, there’s no transparency.

This is how it shows up before importing
This is after importing the image, mouth/eye positioning issues aside
Am I doing something wrong?
EDIT:

I would like to note (again, mouth and eye positioning asides) that this portrait moves over just fine.

Make sure the portrait has exactly 16 colors including the background. You can use transparent and 15 colors but I think it’s just easier to have a background.

you fucked up the colours

Existing magic animation is hard-coded by the program and can not be retrieved.
In GBAFE, all magic is written by program code.
Therefore, when you want to make magic like battle animation, apply a CSA extension patch and make a foothold where users can freely make animation.

This is the specification of GBAFE.

I’m trying to import a portrait made in Adobe or MS Paint, but when I carry it over, there’s no transparency.

Maybe it is because you broke palette information when you used MS-Paint.

If there is an image that does not work well, please post the URL of image data.
Or send image data to me with discord.
I can not verify what is wrong.

Ah, I see. That’s a shame then, I thought it would be like exporting custom animations.

Thanks for all your help.

Actually, I managed to fix it, as the swatch left in the hackbox caused the problem. Thanks for letting me know!

Remember when you told me I should dump the script and edit all occurences of a string there and then reinsert it?
Well … this happened:

As you can see, it doesn’t use the FEditor language or whatever it’s called.

It screwed up the entire script.