FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Thanks a lot @7743. :smiley:
It works like a charm.

But it apears that there is a display I can’t change.
Right between those tow text ID’s changes Sain the side form left to right but there isn’t any “display” for this. He simply uses the default portrait.

I actually have another question I want to ask you.
Do I have to edit every single text ID separately or is there any way to edit more of them at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

@MattCustov: That would be really nice :slight_smile:
Untill yesterday I was one of them xD To find the download button on a japanese webside wasn’t particulary easy and this was the reason to stay away from it. At least for me.

ngl it took me a few minutes to find it

Okay, so I’m really glad that the skill system from circles was included here, it makes editing it way easier. However, I’m currently having problems with one thing.

I wanted to give the demon king some skills for a hack I’m working on, but he didn’t have an address of the skills, so I created one (0101E130).
As you can see, they seem to be properly inserted, but whenever I try to write it to the ROM (the one in the upper right corner, not the other one), the 0101E130 address disappears in that box.
I can always put it in there and reload the ROM, the skills were saved, but every time I write it to it, it seems like it doesn’t save the 0101E130 address in there.
Is that just not a feature or is it a bug?
What ever it is, I personally think you should be allowed to do that.

But it apears that there is a display I can’t change.
Right between those tow text ID’s changes Sain the side form left to right but there isn’t any “display” for this. He simply uses the default portrait.

Could you explain a little more?
I am reading a sentence via a translation engine, so please write it more clearly.

I will reply with your assumption that your question is “It will not work properly if you change the position of Sein.”

The conversation script displays the character in a predetermined position, and after that it writes serifs to that position.
If you change the display position of the character, it will be strange if you do not change the positions of subsequent lines.

For example, suppose you display a character on the left side.
The conversation script will order from now on, speak to the left side person.
Then, the person placed on the left side to speak.

It is characterized by who orders by position, not who speaks.
An order is made at the position where the person is standing.

Suppose you have moved this person to the right.
However, the script is written so that the person on the left speak.
This will not work properly.
If you move the person to the right, you also have to fix the conversation script “Order the speak to people on the left side”.

Do I have to edit every single text ID separately or is there any way to edit more of them at the same time?

What do you want to do?
Do you want to change the picture of the character rather than changing the picture of the character of the conversatio?
If you want to change the character picture itself, please change it from Portait Editor.
Here is an example of FE8, here is an example of changing eirika of FE8 to lyn of FE7.
http://ngmansion.xyz/wiki/hackfe/index.php?è§ŁèȘŹ/FEBuilderGBA/Porting_FE7_lyn_to_FE8_EN

Or are you dissatisfied with changing text line by line in a text editor?
Click on the “Source text” tab to see all the text of this conversation.

Or, if you want to replace all texts in bulk, please use Menu Tool->ROM translation tool.
With the ROM translation tool you can import / export all the text into a text file.

Once it is output to a text file, you can change it with a application of text editor.
In text editor, you can use bulk substitution and regular expression as much as you like.

Untill yesterday I was one of them xD To find the download button on a japanese webside wasn’t particulary easy and this was the reason to stay away from it. At least for me.

A while ago, I wrote a manual called How to download FEBuilderGBA.
I expect it will be a little easier with this.
http://ngmansion.xyz/wiki/hackfe/index.php?è§ŁèȘŹ/FEBuilderGBA/How%20to%20download%20FEBuilderGBA_EN

I think this is a bug.
I will investigate the problem.

Just dropping in to say that I really appreciate that you made this.
Also do you think you’ll ever implement the ability to export Events to Event Assembler?

1 Like

Also do you think you’ll ever implement the ability to export Events to Event Assembler?

Do you mean that you want to write the event script with EA?
I do not think I can not do it, but I do not know if it will be what you expect.

Since there is a function to output the event script to a text file, you can create a new output function in EA format.
I think that it should be generated in core.exe.

The problem is import.

For EA, you can change multiple addresses at the same time by specifying ORG xxx.
In addition, the event script may be longer than originally.

FEBuilder GBA automatically allocates new space if the event is longer than originally.
However, if an address is specified by ORG xxx, it conflicts with this function.

Therefore, you can use only event scripts that do not have ORG xxxx,
Or FEBuilderGBA need to ignore ORG xxx.

EA without ORG xxxx is dangerous if you look at the processing of EA alone.
EA is to start writing from 0x00 00 00 00 unless otherwise specified.

Then, should me give ORG xxxx export , and import it into the event of FEBuilderGBA, should me ignore ORG xxxx?
However, this seems to cause unnecessary confusion.
There is also a problem of what to do if ORG xxx is specified more than once.

Therefore, as a conclusion, I think that there is nothing I can not make, but since it is difficult to handle ORG xxxx, it means that it can not be made until the policy is decided.

In addition, the event script of FEBuilderGBA is based on the result of PROJECT_FE_GBA, but it is based on the result of EA too.
Several functions are used by EA.
Therefore, I do not know how much demand is to write with EA script alone.

1 Like

I fixed bug with ver 20171208.21.

Okay, thank you very much for your hard work as always.

Also, can I ask something or 
 make a suggestion?
I don’t know if it’s something I missed, since it already happened to me before, but does FEBuilder have the option to replace all instances of a word, like the text editor from FEditor?
If not and I didn’t miss it, I think it would be a great and useful feature for the text editor.
You can already search for a string there, so I hope that means it won’t be too hard to do.

The automatic update failed.
He couldn’t find a file if I read it correctly.
It could have been my fault, somehow, but I just wanted to let you know.

I also just downloaded the newest version and the thing I complained about didn’t seem to be fixed.

After inserting 0101E130 again and saving, it just disappears like usual after reloading.

The automatic update failed.
He couldn’t find a file if I read it correctly.

I think that it was because I had another bug report and I updated it twice more.
There is a possibility that the file was replaced when you updated it automatically.

How about updating again?
You can update it with “Update Check” button of the first WelcomeFrom.

I don’t know if it’s something I missed, since it already happened to me before, but does FEBuilder have the option to replace all instances of a word, like the text editor from FEditor?

Please use Menu Tool → ROM Translate Tool.
Outputs all text in text format.
You can use bulk substitution or regular expression substitution using your text editor.
ROM translation tool is intended to translate text, but it can be used as all text import / export without translation.

I think that this is more convenient than creating a dedicated bulk replacement function.

After inserting 0101E130 again and saving, it just disappears like usual after reloading.

I tried it by myself, but I think that it has been corrected correctly.

Grant the skill to Class ID 0x66.

After that, even if I press the reload button, move to another item, or close the form, the value will be retained.

Please check the version you are using.
Is it displayed as ver 20171208.22?
(It is fixed if it is ver 20171208.21 or later.)

1 Like

Yes, I’m using the most recent version.
I don’t know 
 it just doesn’t work for me

Maybe I can send you a video of it.
I’m guessing I’m just doing something wrong.

Maybe I can send you a video of it.

I think that the method of operation is different, or it depends on ROM data.
I want the ups patch more than the video.

You can create UPS patches from Menu Tool → UPS Patch.
Please send me an ups patch.
There may be something bad data.

Before that, I will explain the operation method.

1.Please open an unmodified FE8U.
2.Please apply skill patches.
3.Please open the Skill assignment screen.
4.Select Class ID: 0x66. Demon King
5.Press the Extends list button.

6.The list has been expanded.
7.Please assign skills.

8.Close the form.
9.Open the form again.
10.Select Class ID: 0x66. Demon King , again
11.The skill set by you is maintained.

What if you operate on this street in your environment?
If this works, please do the same operation again with your remodeled ROM.

Ah, that must be it, can you open the extended list window?
I’m sure I did a mistake there.

Ah, that must be it, can you open the extended list window?

Yes. Since the data area of skill is empty (0x00 00 00 00), you need to allocate new memory.
Therefore, first of all, we extend the table and prepare places to put the data in, we will put the data there.

Thanks for the advice but unfortunally that’s not what I meant.
For the moment I’m only changing the portraits that are displayed in conversations.
My goal is to give certain characters (e.g. Sain) an other portrait in the tutorial (Lyn’s mode).
I’m done for the most part and it’s working as intended.

As you can see Sain has now a different portrait as he used to have.

But at one point he still uses his old portrait (or rather the one that is written to his default portrait adress). In my case this one.

It is only displayed between text ID 083E and 083F until Sain switches his position from right to the left side after Lyn is gone. After that the desired portrait is shown again.
I simply can’t find the option to change Sain’s portrait for the mentioned lines.

I think in text ID 083F is the [display] option for Sain missing but I could be wrong since I just started to test around with text/conversations yesterday.

Hopefully I was explicit enough this time xD
English is not my first language, therefore it’s a bit of a task to describe the problem properly sometimes.

Yes that was posted right after I found the download button xD:joy:
But it’s very much apreciated. One reason more to use this awesome tool!
Thanks a lot for making it usable for us :smile:

In conclusion, this text data is special, it is not displayed.

FE7U is TextID of 0x83d, 0x83e, 0x8ef.
but FE7J is TextID: 0x858 all in one text.

For FE7U, this text data is divided into three for some reason.
Since FE7J and FE7U have structures data with different sizes,
I think that I made various reworks in making FE’s first English version.

FE7J 0x858 (Equivalent to 0x83d of FE7U.)

FE7J 0x858 (It is 0x83e equivalent part of FE7U from here)

FE7J 0x858 (It is 0x83f equivalent part of FE7U from here)

For that reason, We are reading the conversation script from the middle.
The part that displays this kent exists in 0x83e, and it does not exist in 0x8ef.
Therefore, the character is not displayed.

This is an unavoidable problem.
Whether or not the text is being read from the middle is unknown unless I analyze the event or the conversation command of the program.
It is impractical to analyze all events and programs each time you display a conversation with a text editor.

1 Like

Excuse me, is there any easy way to edit this framework?