FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Is it possible to give a class both magic and physical weapons? In the Class Editor if I add, for example, dark magic to a class that only uses physical weapons their physical weapon animations don’t play correctly. An example of this is if a Pegasus also had magic, when using an iron lance in battle, it would use the ranged javelin animation instead. The lance animation plays correctly when the magic is removed from the class.

Class with both magic and lance.

Using a standard Iron Lance in battle.

Plays incorrect animation- javelin animation instead of lance.

I’ve tried it with a number of different classes and weapons and the results are the same. Thanks in advance.

It’s because the games weren’t built to handle hybrid classes originally.
There’s a fix here.

2 Likes

I corresponded with ver 20171120.21.
Please apply Meele And Magic Fix Patch.
I made it for all of FE8U FE8J FE7U FE7J FE6.

Ah, amazing! Thank you. It works great.

Oh hey, 7743, I had a quick idea.

In this image, why not convert the words of Sword, lance, axe, bow and so on into the weapon icons? Then it will take up less space, and it will be one less thing to translate into other languages in the future!

In other words, use these icons instead of words.

I found a strange thing. When looking at the promotion item editor for FE7, the Fell Contract appears to promote pirates while the Ocean Seal promotes thieves. It should be the other way around.

You’re sure you were looking at a vanilla FE7 ROM, right?

Pretty sure. I mean, it’s supposed to be.

The item descriptions in the item editor seem normal. But the contract’s effect is listed as “31=Emblem seal” and the seal’s is “32=Fell contract”.

I fixed it with the latest version.(ver 20171122.08)
Thank you for report.

I tried to display the icon in the latest version.(ver 20171121.22)
The reply was delayed because FEU was down.

1 Like

I will add a manual.

I will explain how to introduce the background using the color reduction tool with FEBuilderGBA.
http://ngmansion.xyz/wiki/hackfe/index.php?cmd=read&page=解説%2FFEBuilderGBA%2F減色ツールを使って背景を設定する_JP

You can display 8 palettes * 15 colors using TSA by using the color reduction tool of FEBuilderGBA.
It becomes an image which can be imported in the background.

Music
http://ngmansion.xyz/wiki/hackfe/index.php?cmd=read&page=解説%2FFEBuilderGBA%2F音楽_JP

FEBuilderGBA has supported direct import of midi.

That looks great! Love the icons!

One thing though, can you remove the colon?

This thing —> :

So it will just show

E

or

-

I supported with ver 20171122.21.

1 Like

A side effect of applying the Melee and Magic fix is that the weapon ranks for mages and staff users defaults to the Melee weapon ranks even if they can only use magic/ staves. I just wanted to let you know in case you weren’t aware. It would definitely be nice to find a flexible weapon rank display solution.

こちらでも確認しました。
I confirmed it even here.

こんな副作用があるのですね。
There are such side effects.

これならば、システムはこのパッチを推奨しない方がいいのかもしれません。
If this is the case, it may be better for the system not to recommend this patch.

私は、推奨パッチとしては出さないようにします。
I will not issue it as a recommended patch.

実は、これらすべてを解決しているがFE8Jにはソリューションがあります。
Actually, I solve all of these, but FE8J has a solution.

FE8J Girls Patchの作者が作った、武器魔法混在パッチです。
It is a mixed weapon magic patch made by the author of FE8J Girls Patch.

新しいバージョンのFEBuilderGBAで利用できます。
It is available in the new version of FEBuilderGBA.

config\patch\FE8J\武器魔法混在パッチ
or
config\patch\FE8J\武器魔法混在_魔防計算_パッチ
(In addition to the above, it is a version that uses RES to Magic Power.)

あなたが、FE8Jをもっていたら試してみてください。
If you have FE8J, please try it.

ただ、このパッチはソースコードが存在しません。バイナリコードしかありません。
However, source code does not exist for this patch.
There is only binary code.

その上、いろいろな領域を書き換えるので、FE8Uへの移植は難しそうです。
Moreover, since it rewrites various areas, porting to FE8U seems to be difficult.

I tried translating the manual.

Porting_FE7_lyn_to_FE8_EN
http://ngmansion.xyz/wiki/hackfe/index.php?cmd=read&page=解説%2FFEBuilderGBA%2FPorting_FE7_lyn_to_FE8_EN

Item_characteristics_EN
http://ngmansion.xyz/wiki/hackfe/index.php?cmd=read&page=解説%2FFEBuilderGBA%2FItem_characteristics_EN

Add_magic_effect_EN
http://ngmansion.xyz/wiki/hackfe/index.php?cmd=read&page=解説%2FFEBuilderGBA%2FAdd_magic_effect_EN

It took 5 hours to translate three articles …
The image is still in Japanese.
Since it takes a few more hours to take the picture again…

If you find a mistranslation, please fix it.
When you press the second button from the left in this wiki, it becomes the editing screen.

Fixed a bug that varista’s animation is going wrong when extending Map Hover Animation.
Fixed a problem that ID: 00 (used when not equipped with any items) becomes strange when expanding and editing Text Table.
Fixed a bug that the character got strange when expanding and editing the Animation Table.
I made a mistake in porting C01 command hack for FE8U, so I will fix it.
Since separation of SkillSystems / FE8U was able to be done to some extent, I made it as a patch.
(Both of the text areas are remapped from ID: 0xE00 by extending the text table, so I think it is easy to coexist with existing remodeling.)
Fixed a bug that could not export magic animation.
Fixed a bug when referencing with character string ID: 0xFFFF.(From CrashReport)
Fixed a bug when config.xml can not be read, can not be written.(From CrashReport)
Fixed a bug that could not be exported when exporting map, unknown map style.(From Crash Reports)
When importing / exporting a face image sheet, blank in the lower right is also processed.
Fixed a bug that mistake of character of “u” with tbl of FE6U.
Fixed the character editor of FE6 and FE7 so that abilities 1-4 are correctly displayed.

From the previous version, if the program crashes, you can send a crash log.
Write the status of the bug occurrence in the comment and send it to me.

This log contains the form state and stack trace at the time of the error.
(your personal information is NOT included. It is only error information.)
Also, it will not be sent until you press the send button.
If you do not want to send a crash log, please close the form.

If you send a crash log, it will be very helpful for fixing bugs.
Several crash logs have already arrived,
Several bugs have been fixed.

I’m afraid I’m having trouble again. I’ve been trying to use the decrease colour tool as you showed, but now it suddenly gives an error message when trying to import: “The number of pallets is incorrect. It must be 8 or less (16 colors * 8 kinds).”

Thing is, it seems there only are eight palettes

so I’m not sure what to do.

I tried setting the PaletteNo to lower numbers in the decrease color tool, and could import after that, but the image displays garbled when I try playing the game, just like the problem I had earlier.

The strange thing is, I’m sure it worked fine a few days ago.

Surely there seems to be something wrong.
I tried it with the image of the previous dolkas and it did not work.
Please wait for a while as we investigate.

Also, where are the images where new problems occurred this time?
I would like to confirm with myself.(To reproduce, an image is necessary.)
Please send the image of the original data.