FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Yes, I exported the sword general animation from FE 8 … and with FEditor.
Okay, so if I export it with FEBuilder, I get a .txt file?
Okay, but what’s with all the other custom animations?
So about the mysterious thing where it didn’t duplicate in the new area, what do you think could have caused it?
I’ll try it again later, maybe I can figure it out myself.

And I tried to insert the sword general animation like I said earlier, which somehow caused everything to glitch out.
The one who gave theme the AOM bug was this one here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jyumycj3jfrpja/King%20Zephiel%20(Dark%20Aura%20and%20Critical%20BGM%20Kill%20Fixed).zip

And thank you for the FEditor-like text editing feature.
That was exactly what I was looking for.

It seems that usage method is different.
In that column, the pointer area used by the currently existing animation is described.
It is not a place to make a request to newly address place in this position.

When inserting animation, to save capacity, if I can use the existing area, reuse it.
However, “It is time to be assigned to that address as a result of reusing”, it does not mean installing in the specified area.
Because the animation area is all compressed variable length data except section data,
It is because you do not know the length of the data to put in data.
Therefore, we can not make a request to put it in this address.

As a result, it may be reused and become its address,
It is only as a result, it is not as requested.

The one who gave theme the AOM bug was this one here

I seem to be able to insert it successfully. I tested it with ver20171116.

Okay, so if I export it with FEBuilder, I get a .txt file?
Okay, but what’s with all the other custom animations?

Yes. FEBuilderGBA has a function to dump animation in txt format.

So about the mysterious thing where it didn’t duplicate in the new area, what do you think could have caused it?
I’ll try it again later, maybe I can figure it out myself.

I do not know. There are various possibilities.

1. Possibility to set the option to order to zero clear when expanding the list with FEBuilderGBA
  2. Possibility that other tools FEEditorAdv and others cleared 0 for some reason
  3. The possibility that you made 0x00 with a binary editor etc.
  4. Other possibilities

However, even if it is 0x00, I think that it is not good to not insert correctly,
I plan to make a countermeasure routine.

The english links don’t seem to be working anymore(error 404),anything you can do about it?

Please download from uploader.
FEBuilderGBA is registered with the date as a key, FEBuilderGBA_YYYYMMDD.7z.
For example, if it is 2017/11/16 (Nov. 16, 2017), it becomes FEBuilderGBA_20171116.7z

1 Like

Hi. First of all, I’d like to thank you, 7743, for this tool - it seems incredibly useful!

However, I’m having a problem trying to use it. When attempting to replace a CG, I get an error message, “TSA format violation”. Does anyone happen to know what that’s about and if I can get around it? The image I’m trying to replace is this, the first one in FE7, with this.

The second image is the same colour depth - actually the exact same palette as the first (I’ve merely adapted it to the existing palette).

It seems that details of the error message are missing when translating to English.
The error message problem will be fixed in the next version.

TSAフォーマット違反。X:0 Y:0 から8x8の範囲である X:1 Y:0で異なるパレット番号1が使われました。他はパレット番号0を利用しています。

English Translate.
TSA format violation. X: 0 Y: 0 Different palette number 1 was used for X: 1 Y: 0 which ranges from 0 to 8x8. Others use pallet number 0.

How did you make this man picture?
You did not use the color decrease tool of FEBuilderGBA?
With FEBuilderGBA’s color decrease tool, I think that such phenomenon should not occur.
I recommend using the color decrease tool of FEBuilderGBA. (Menu Tool -> Decrease color Tool)

This phenomenon is a story of the TSA format rule.
The GBA image is divided into 8x8 tiles.
And for each 8x8 tile, we hold tile position information, flip, and palette information.
This is TSA.
The only problem is that there is only one palette available per one tile(8x8 pixel).

The background image can be used with 8 palettes.
However, only one palette is available for one tile (8x8 pixel)…
A single tile can not use more than one palette.

This picture is in violation of that rule.
I do not know how many violations exist,
In the tile at the first 0 * 0 position, this picture have committed the first violation immediately.

According to the error message, the pixel at X:1, Y:0 seems to refer to the color of palette:1.
Others refer to palette: 0.

Therefore, since one tile refers to a plurality of tiles,
FEBuilderGBA could not import this picture.

1 Like

[quote=“7743, post:323, topic:2845”]How did you make this man picture?
You did not use the color decrease tool of FEBuilderGBA?[/quote]

I simply edited it, then pasted it in on top of the old one while keeping the old palette.

[quote=“7743, post:323, topic:2845”]With FEBuilderGBA’s color decrease tool, I think that such phenomenon should not occur.
I recommend using the color decrease tool of FEBuilderGBA. (Menu Tool -> Decrease color Tool)[/quote]

That does work! It loses almost all colour, but at least I can import it now.

I see! That’s the part I couldn’t figure out. I knew about the 8x8 tiles, but I hadn’t considered that I could only use one palette per tile! I thought it could be something where the original image might be smaller because it could use the same tile in several places, but I couldn’t see anywhere where it looked like it was doing that. That explains a lot.

Thanks again, you’ve been a big help.

I got the most recent version and it’s still popping up idk why
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/368720115187056640/381120274554421248/Thing-yTonisonic24.ups

Here’s the UPS Patch if you wanna see it.

I think that this is only because the magic system patch is not adapted.
Therefore, you can not use additional magic.

From Tools->Patch, please apply one of the following magic systems.
CSA_Creator_For_FE8U
or
FEEditorMagicCSASystem_FE8U

For details, please this article here.
http://ngmansion.xyz/wiki/hackfe/index.php?cmd=read&page=解説%2FFEBuilderGBA%2F魔法エフェクトを追加する_JP

Looks like I need help again. I can manage to insert new images now, but they look like this when I actually try to play the game! Any idea what I’m doing wrong now?

Are you trying to import the last male picture?
I tried it, but it works fine.

I think that it works if it converts it to a background image through a color reduction tool and imports it normally.

I will briefly explain the method.
First, select the tool from Menu Tool-> Decrease Color Tool.

Please specify the image and the destination image.
Leave other parameters at the default.

When processing is complete, you will import the image next.

Please select CG from Image Editor and import it.

After importing, please start the game.
Lyn is transform into a strong man and appear.

2 Likes

Ah, it must be because I had set the “type” field to 02=CG in the Decrease Colour Tool - leaving it at 01 worked. Thanks!

But then, what does the 02 type actually do, if it’s not supposed to be used here?

IS THAT… Oh my god.
Is that Dorcas who I am seeing?

Ah, it must be because I had set the “type” field to 02=CG in the Decrease Colour Tool - leaving it at 01 worked. Thanks!
But then, what does the 02 type actually do, if it’s not supposed to be used here?

I remove type 02 CG In the next version.

There are things that CG uses 5 pallets, and there are ones using 8 palettes for background.
For this reason, we added restrictions on the number of pallets.
However, looking at the behavior, CG seems to work even if we use 8 pallets.

Therefore, type 02 CG seems to be meaningless.
I will remove this in the next version.

Help! I’m making a PME of FEGirls and whenever I edit a character’s name, This happens!

In Japanese ROM, characters with no font become hearts “:heart:”.
You add the font of the character you want to use.

Are you trying to make single-byte English letters?
In that case, I think that you can import the fe7u alphabet font from MENU tool->Translation tool.
The translation tool will automatically populate fonts that you are using, which fonts are not in the current ROM.

If you want to put out fonts in other languages, you need to draw the font yourself.
(It can be generated to some extent if it is Japanese font)

You can do it from the detail menu or the font of the image editor.
For fonts that do not exist, make a font with 4 color bitmap.

IS THAT… Oh my god.
Is that Dorcas who I am seeing?

I do not know.
For details, please ask vilk.

Maybe.

2 Likes

What kind of string are you trying to put out?
Can you write a character string that does not work, here?
If I know the string you want to display, I think I can explain it more concretely.

I decided to add a time to the file name from this time.

FEBuilderGBA filename is dating YYYYMMDD.HH
FEBuilderGBA_YYYYMMDD.HH.7z

For example, the updated to 2017/11/19(Nov. 19, 2017) 23 Hours is FEBuilderGBA_20171119.23.7z.