FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

FIX translation resources of fixed text
https://ux.getuploader.com/FE4/download/412

UPDATE
https://ux.getuploader.com/FE4/download/413

I supported the tbl recommendation function.
If the opened ROM is better to adapt the tbl translation file, I suggest it.
Specifically, opening fe6u, fe8cn etc will ask you if you want to use the tbl file.

For the tbl judgment, we use the name of the “Plain” tile of the terrain,
because of the data that is rarely changed.

In “trap”, we corresponded “Poison Gas” and “Arrow of God (kami no ya)”.

The map pointer is counted from 0x00 instead of 0x01 (it is only display correction)

From next time, please use the update check button to check for updates.
I will notify you on the bulletin board when I make major enhancements, but I would like to omit about minor fixes.

ver 2017/11/07
Fixed an event editing bug in FE 7, FE 6.
Fixed support to reinforcement event by difficulty level in FE7, FE8.
Add Battle Screen Editor.
Add cloak command editor.
warning is displayed when importing animation script including C47 instruction.
Add automatic update check function. At startup, check every 3 days for the latest version. (You can turn it off by setting.)
Add Decrease Color Tool considering TSA. (Tool -> Decrease Color Tool, it is available.The algorithm is k-means, it is strong for animation picture, but it is weak for photograph etc. It is a future task.)
Transplanted C01 Hack to FE7J.
Add fixed Difficulty level patch was introduced to FE7J.

Please access the uploader and look for the latest file.

FEBuilderGBA filename is dating YYYYMMDD.
FEBuilderGBA_YYYYMMDD.7z

For example, the updated to 2017/11/07(Nov. 07, 2017) is FEBuilderGBA_20171107.7z.
Please use the new version.

No idea of csa but in a vanilla spell, a function will be called to get the AIS of the target and the horizontal postion will be set accordingly.

I get this error when trying to import any FEditor format animation which has multiple sheets, even ones I’m sure I was able to import in an older version. Am I doing something wrong, or is this an error with the program?

1 Like

I want to reproduce the error.
Is the animation published?
If it is published, please tell me the URL.

I am doing the insertion test with the animation I have, but I can not reproduce the problem…

I tried it with many animations, this always happens when there are 2 or more sheets. These animations are all available here on FEU. For example, the new Soldier animation.

Also, for some animations, I get a different error: “File is broken. AOM starting point is missing” For example, for the FE10 style fighter.

This happens to me on different computers with different versions of Windows. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I fixed a bug.
Please download ver 20171114 from the uploader.

Thank you for reporting the problem.

When strengthening the judgment as to whether it is an image having a palette of FEEditor,
I forgot to take care of java serialized animation.
As a result, pallets were generated automatically, and some animations did not work properly.

Java serialized data is forcibly loaded in C#.
I understood that there seems to be a variant in the value that defines the starting position of the data,
so I supported.

In addition, newsoldier-lance Frames had the following data structure.
frame000enemy.png
frame000ally.png
frame000playerfour.png
I do not know how to deal with these with FEEditorAdv …

Since it is designated as data,
For the image that appeared first (in this case, 1 p- frame000.png)
If there is *enemy.png , *ally.png , *playerfour.png
I looked at these pallets , decided on the enemy’s palette.

Thank you for the update. Most animations work now, but I still get the “AOM starting point is missing” error for a few animations, such as this Wyvern Knight palette edit and, surprisingly, the handaxe and unarmed animations of the FE10 fighter. (The normal axe animation works now.)

Just downloaded the most recent version and this is happening every time I try to use it.

There was a further variant in the start position mark of java serialize data.

Usually it has the following form.
\xxur

Last time we had the following form.
\xppppxur

This time there was the following form.
\xppppppppxur

Since I do not know how many different patterns are there,
I will match it with the following pattern.
\xxur
or
\xp*pxur

This problem was fixed in ver 20171116.

This is a problem occurring because C# does not initialize a window handle which is not displayed.
Depending on the environment, it is initialized, but there seems to be an environment that does not work well.
Since there is no choice, take another method.

This problem was fixed in ver 20171116.
This may make it work.

Hey I used febuilder for a while now and the custom magic animation thing always worked but now it says this

Where can I install this patch?

Hey there, I specifically created a FEUniverse account to post this here, so if I did something wrong … oops.
Anyway, first of all, I appreciate all the work you’ve done so far.
FE hacking keeps getting better and having a good Nightmare and FEditor replacement isn’t bad.
However, I’m currently struggling with the most important stuff that I was already excited for.
Text editing and Battle animations.
Whenever I try to insert a battle animation (I repointed the table already to empty space I created at the end of the ROM), I either get the error that the palette of one picture is different than the others or that the AOM starting point is missing (which already seems to be fixed, so whoops … but it’s still buggy)
Thing is … it works in FEditor.
How can I fix it … or can you fix it?
And the thing about text edits is more … of a preference.
Writing dialogue and stuff is way different than the stuff I’m used to.
I’m used to the FEditor style of doing it.
I’m sure I’m not the only one who would like it better if it worked like in FEditor … but it doesn’t have to be that way.
I think what the text FEditor is missing an option to dump an entire script in it.
This way you can edit the text and then kinda … insert and convert it … I don’t know.
I’m just making suggestions.
Just saying that a lot of people would probably appreciate it.
So again, great job you’ve done so far, really impressed.
I didn’t read the entire thread, so if I was missing something, I’m sorry for wasting your time.
Oh and the update check doesn’t work for me.

Okay … even worse.
In the latest version, whenever I insert a custom animation, all the empty space after it gets written over by some random nonsense and the inserted animation doesn’t even work.
I’ll post pictures.

See, this is the offset I want to use for the new animation

The others are empty as well, as you can see in the Hex address box, I repointed everything already.

This is just the sword general animation from Sacred Stones, nothing unusual.

As you can see, it was inserted … but you should also be able to see that a lot of the boxes are empty, so something went wrong.

And indeed … every offset after has a bunch of random stuff in it … what happened?
I tried it multiple times … what is this?

Seriously dude, the edit button exists, no need to make 4-5 seperate posts

1 Like

It’s three now, happy?

1 Like

Hey I used febuilder for a while now and the custom magic animation thing always worked but now it says this

There’s something that I want to confirm.
In past versions, it was possible to install additional magic without problems,
Does that mean that it stopped working after upgrading?

I am checking, even if I upgrade the version, I have installed additional magic.
In my environment, it works well.
Therefore, I think that it is something different.

Will you get an ups patch for the ROM in question?
I would like to reproduce the problem.

I’m used to the FEditor style of doing it.
I’m sure I’m not the only one who would like it better if it worked like in FEditor … but it doesn’t have to be that way.

Please select option → function → Text Escape.
In the item of text escape, select the FEEditorAdv format.

You may get what you want.

This feature is a new feature added recently, so please let me know if you have a bug.

Whenever I try to insert a battle animation (I repointed the table already to empty space I created at the end of the ROM), I either get the error that the palette of one picture is different than the others or that the AOM starting point is missing (which already seems to be fixed, so whoops … but it’s still buggy)

I want to reproduce the problem.
Where can I download the battle animation that causes problems?

I am testing with some animation, but for now it is working fine.
How can I reproduce the problem?

See, this is the offset I want to use for the new animation

You are extending the anime list.
However, there is a mysterious thing.
The animation area you expanded is initialized to 0x00.
Normally, if you extend the list, the data of ID: 0x01 is duplicated in the new area.
Why did it become 0x00?

This is just the sword general animation from Sacred Stones, nothing unusual.

Please tell us a bit more about “sword general animation from Sacred Stones”.
What does this mean?

Where can I get sword general animation?
Did you download it? If so, please tell me the download URL.

Or does that mean you exported from FE 8?
Which tool did you export?
Is FEEditorAdv?
If you look at the file that does not have an extension, I think it is FEEditorAdv, is not this a mistake?
If exporting with FEBuilderGBA, the extension should be .txt.

And indeed … every offset after has a bunch of random stuff in it … what happened?
I tried it multiple times … what is this?

This is a guess.
When inserting animation, we use existing animation area to save space.
If you can overwrite the old animation data area, overwrite it.
However, since the original animation area is 0x00 for some reason,
I think that processing has failed.

This is because if you extend the list normally, copies of data with ID: 0x01 are expanded, so it will never be 0x00.