FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

What animation did you make? And did you script it?

To make a usable animation you only need to types of files, your .txt with your code and your .png with your frames. If you use Either Febuilder or Feditor they will make the rest of the files on their own. but, with Febuilder you can dump your animations in .gif so you can show your progress.

1 Like

Eh, it doesn’t really feel feminine at all to me, but it’s a pretty great ‘alternate’ or ‘non-Nergal’ Dark Druid for sure. Also, it has a superior palette to the existing Great Druid.

Thanks for the addition!

3 Likes

Great!
Already completed !

1 Like

@Klokinator
@HIROTO
ꉂ٩(^^๑)วᵗʱᵃᵑᵏᵧₒᵤ✦*。
I am very grateful for your words.

3 Likes

is there anywhere where I can report bugs about the google drive repo?

What’s the issue with the Google Drive repo?

when downloading the Nergal Dark Druid, I’m not able to open up the file. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uisTzKHFNduM-ftpUAMeOjEX5ohyL7Ec?usp=sharing

Huh, to me it feels feminine, or at least far more feminine to the original dark druid, but I guess that’s just the difference between our opinions

1 Like

Have you had issues with other anims, or just this one?

Ie: User error or drive error?

I’m having issues with this animation. It works fine, but the dodge animation freezes up the game.

1 Like

@flasuban
Hich animation?
What type?
If possible, I’d like to see that freeze recreated and shown in a video.
ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー
I’m currently investigating, but I can’t reproduce it at all. Everything is working fine. Perhaps you imported with the ”.txt” extension when you imported?

Is anyone working with Dragon Lord besides the one in the old repository site?

Hi SHYUTERz,
I am using the Magic animation (Sorcerer (ver, With Critical Sigil)). I attached a video below but it might not be the best quality. (I am using a free recorder lol)
Tell me if this does not work because I don’t have a YouTube account or something like that so I had to upload it as a shared drive.

2 Likes

That would help!
Thank you for your cooperation.
Now, I will now check it out.

So, I’ve recently realized that I never posted a proper method for people to post their animations in this thread. What I mean is that I never once wrote Submission guidelines.

So, here they are. Note that Shin has already made his own guideline, which you may choose to read for a more detailed explanation:

When you finish your animation and you want to post it here, please do the following:

1. Import it into FEBuilder’s animation area.
  2. Dump the animation with the Dump All command. This should include the gif file and your folder should come out looking like this:
  3. Once you’ve dumped all your animations, place them inside subfolders, numbered like so:

The folders should come out looking something like this:

Or this:

Finally, and maybe most importantly…
Download this file, extract the folder, and drag your primary animation folder on top of the file. It will retime all of FEBuilder’s gifs to be accurate to the GBA timing. FEBuilder is still a little awkward.

Basically, do this:

And then you’ll see this:

But it will have different numbers of lines depending on how many gifs it has to rework. Doing the entire animation repository two years ago took about 45 seconds, so it’s pretty dang zippy.

That should be everything. It might look like a lot, but it boils down to:

1. Dump all via FEBuilder including gifs.
  2. Put everything in organized and named folders.
  3. Retime the gifs with the tool.

Optionally, you can also rename the ‘primary’ or ‘root’ folder, but the repo submitters can do that part pretty easily. The other stuff is the big pain in the ass.

In the case of @SHYUTERz recent animation, it appears to have been dumped with FEditor only, and without gifs and other useful files. Therefore, JJ09 stuck it inside the repo without checking and it didn’t meet the submission standards I’m laying out here.

That’s more my fault for not making them clear XP

8 Likes

@Klokinator
My Female Dark Druid zip should have a gif in it.
And why is only FEditor in it, the ”必読!! must readme!” It’s roughly understandable if you read.
An animation produced only in FEditor is an animation with an OAM size of over 20000.
When you create an animation of more than 20,000 OAM size by FEBUILDER, you cannot import the animation.
So, I created and imported the animation with FEditor with FEditor-specific files.
I hope you can understand.

Ah, there was a miscommunication on my end. I got your animation mixed up with a different one. Never mind. :ok_hand:

1 Like

This is a rare bug in other animations as well.

(It didn’t happen with my pattern)
I don’t know if I can fix it, but I’ll try.

No, I’m sorry to complicate things for you too…
<(_ _٥)>