FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

I see, no problem! Yeah I love the gorgon egg, it’s better than having no animations at all.

Brammimond was one of my favorite but as there is no credit :confused:

Anyway if I can find something useful, with credits and better than those, I’ll give them! (I’d love to learn to sprite so maybe one day…)

And yeah these affinity icons are perfect! They’re so much better.

I used to have a lot of free time on my hands, and I’m not super creative, so I have a lot of vanilla stuff stockpiled. I also have all of the vanilla battle animations ripped, but I believe those are already in the drive?
Word of warning, the palettes sadly do not work with Fe builder, as they are on the format used by FeRecolor.

1 Like

I don’t think the animation will work with the breath attack animations that are available as the ones I can find all come from the ground level and over horizontally.

I know that it don’t fit perfectly. But I can’t do much about it since I don’t know how to edit magic animations.

To be honest the FE7 Flametongue animation does fit quite well because the flames doesn’t start from the ground.

Magic is also an option.
It’s up to yourself what you’ll go for.

4 Likes

As an enemy, Idunn’s Dark Breath might work pretty well!

1 Like

Wow, some of these are seriously cool. That harbinger :heart_eyes:

I made a resized, modified Elibe map for FE8 (darker colors like fe8, names removed, and 16color because it was easier…). Dunno if you want something like that in the google drive, but it’s here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/954qr0tagsts72y/ElibeMap.png?dl=0

Edit: Andres is working on a better-looking map. Update by Leonarth to not have such bad color grading here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e01skf3o0xq9hu1/FElibeNotGreen.png?dl=0

1 Like

I was actually looking for feedback to polish the animation before posting it here myself, but I suppose that is one way to things.

I actually have a separate animation for indirect attacks, I just programmed the default axe animation to have the handaxe animation.

That map is fairly hideous. Does it look better ingame or anything?

Probably not. This is the direct rip for comparison though. Neither is even close to the fe8 map in quality, but I just worked with what the rip gave me (shoutout to any artist who wants to handmake a better one) It’s possible my colorblindness made the colors look better than they do though? If so that’s an easy fix from someone with good eyes in usenti.

I’d rather post original, high quality rips in the repo where possible. Those, in addition to high quality custom world maps, stuff like that, etc.

Also, if you’re colorblind, that explains the map. I don’t know what it looks like to you, but to me it’s extremely splotchy.

Perhaps I should throw these at discord first while I impatiently wait for someone else to do it then. Yeah, map just looks sharper to me lol. That’s unfortunate. After I doubled the original map’s size I found out that it just doesn’t look good as a hub because its coloring is so bland. Thanks for letting me know :ok_hand:

1 Like

It works well for me

1 Like

Side note, the Ghost and Poltergeist sprites are from Breath of Fire 2, I just fixed them up for Fire Emblem insertion

When the new long haired Lute crits, her hair are stuck in midair for a while, which is really weird.
Aside from that, it’s a cool animation!

I also love all the new additions, congrats to everyone!

Hey, just checked the repo and dont see any of the files in the “Myrmercidon”(lel) folder .

2 Likes

There’s a couple classes missing files, Squire is also missing them.

Edit: Both Myrmercidon and Squire seem to be present now, maybe a glitch with drive?

I am apparently having issues with the repo… sigh. Gonna reupload everything.

Daily reminder.

#FUCK GOOGLE DRIVE

Edit: All of these folders aren’t fully uploaded, the ones missing the blue icon.

Edit: Ah, I see what the problem is. I used Yeti’s tool for gifs and such willy-nilly, not realizing things weren’t resyncing properly. That’s partially on me.

Easily fixable, just tedious.

1 Like

There’s something I mentioned a while ago that I want to mention again to spread awareness.
There’s a bug with Eirika’s Great Lord Critical animation where the critical flash is missing.
You can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezC4js4jgIM
I’ve looked around and it doesn’t seem like shadowofchaos ever released the fix.
If that’s the case then I think a fixed version should be uploaded on here, probably just replacing her normal animation, since no one would really prefer a version without the flash over the one with the flash.

I’d also like to report a problem with Max’s Swordfighter F. If you’re making a buildfile, you need to load the animation through FEditor to get the extensionless file, but frame 66, the big white flash, actually breaks FEditor for taking up too much tile space. You can get around this by deleting the frame from the script and it will work afterwards. But by default, the animation doesn’t work with buildfiles.

Speaking of, it’s kind of inconvenient that this huge unified graphics repository doesn’t have the extensionless file come with the animations by default. I guess FEBuilder took off while I was away, but I thought a number of people were still using buildfiles. I mean, it doesn’t take too much time to generate the file needed on my own, but it’s a bit disappointing that a project that seems to position itself as the one-stop-shop for all things animations would be missing crucial components for some methods of working on a rom.

Feel free to go through and make the extensionless files. It should only take several hours or so :confused:

I’ve switched to one giant .7z file. You’ll need Winrar or 7zip to unzip the entire repo.

Plus side: It’s only 101 MB’s! Takes twenty seconds for me to zip and upload!