[Fangames] What are you working on?

I don’t see an issue. Hot pink dragons are a perfectly normal color.

It’s when she changes back it flashes to the muddy yellow I think that’s what he is talking about

Yes the pink is Neimi’s sniper palette
The yellow is the generic palette
I was testing to make sure character palettes work before i uploaded the animation

Question, can you bring tilesets from 6/7 to 8 in tiled?

You have to import it to the rom, but yes you can. However tile animations work differentlybetween 7/8 so you’ll have to figure that out if the tileset has any.

try to make Sephiroth

3 Likes

I’ve already finished the animation but i need to ask, is it better for the inner cape to be yellow?
My finished version uses the blue inner cape and i want to know whether i should go back and change it

1 Like

It’s way better in my opinion. It makes no sense that it’s blue on the inside.
If you want to be super accurate to the original artwork, you could also add a little of white to her skirt:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/3/30/Fess-eirika.jpg

But it might be quite the task, so don’t worry. It’s a nice job already.

1 Like

Just curious, are you planning on using this animation?

Nice question.
I don’t think so, unfortunately. I already have two female lords and there’s no space for a third one, even if the animation is charming with that palette scheme.
Fun fact, I’ll probably have a Spellfencer class that can use both swords and magic, based on Eliwood for the male version and on Eirika for the female one.
So, even if I won’t use the Eirika animation, it may be inspiring for the spellfencer animation I’ll make in the future.

Still, this will be way better than vanilla Eirika I think.

P.S. Might be a start? I’m not much of an art guy, so take this as nothing more than a suggestion.

If you wanted one that matched the official artwork then all you would really need to do is change the cape from vanilla Eirika yellow
Maybe something like this?

One of my main reasons for making my version is was to make it easier to make palettes for her class. In vanilla the hair had to transition into white and one of the skin colors was used for her armor, making it very annoying to make custom palettes for her. I feel my version is better because it allows more color variety.

Makes it easier to read.
When you’re working with such a small work-space you need to make sure each part stands out and doesn’t blend into other parts. The yellow cape makes the arm hard to define in that space which is why the blue is better, because the red glove and flesh arm stand out against it.

1 Like

Gonna try and undead this place

What da yall think
@ThatDedGuy made it initially. I touched it up and added a hand.

Working on the Ephraim Great Lord Recolor, got two versions
I’ve already completed a sprite sheet for the left one already has but I’m contemplating switching to the right one

Which version is better?

1 Like

I like the left one

I’m having trouble with the last few frames of the normal attack,
I’m not sure if it looks like a sword swing and i cant figure out how to draw the sword handle in the right frame because its at a different angle

Any advice?

1 Like

So Imma back with maps

This is a prologue chapter with 4 units and the goal is defend for six turns.

This is a chapter that takes place a chapter after the last. You have the same units from before and its now a rout mission. Notice that its wrecked up from the mission prior.
I’m posting these since a friend said they could use work and I wondered if you guys could tell me what I could do to make it better.

one of the wall is missing a side. 9,9 to be exact.

1 Like

The new holes don’t really seem to make sense to me. The grassy area separating the lower and upper areas seems a bit random, with its only purpose being “Please break it right here.” Also, if you did a really good job at defending in the first part, it seems rather cheesy to have all of your defenses crumble in the second part.

Are you routing the enemies outside the structure, or inside? Seems a bit weird to move the map toward the interior if the enemies are outside.

Lastly, in terms of appearance, I think the outside looks really good, but the interior is a bit lacking. Maybe throwing in something to make the floor interesting would help.

1 Like

Look at examples of destroyed and or broken forts(fe7’s ch4, fe8’s ch11A, etc), truthfully this just looks like you forgot to add tiles in random places (the second map I’m referring to).

First map is just… plain.

1 Like