[Fangames] What are you working on?

Welcome, my friend, to #FE6hacking

1 Like

I think it’s not so much FE6hacking as it is my lack of hacking knowledge in general. I’ve spent about 4 hours so far trying to replace the bard standing sprite with the dragoon one, just to see if I can. So far, I’ve crashed the ROM 3 times and somehow changed the colors of the cursor. I’m still not entirely sure what I’m doing wrong.

Yeah, I’ve followed all those steps multiple times. Best case scenario, nothing happens. The only difference is that the sprite I was given is a 256x8 picture; rather than being vertically aligned, there’s each sprite is cut in 3 parts and pasted side by side (horizontally aligned). But I assumed it’s supposed to do that because when I went and got the monk standing sprite from a clean FE7 rom, GBAGE gave me that same type of picture.

Or am I supposed to do something to it first?

The bard standing sprites are a little weird, if I recall correctly, because of the map animations that they have.

IT FINALLY WORKED
THANK YOU AGRO

I was originally gonna replace the bard class with the monk, but whatever. I guess I can add a new class. --How hard can it be.–

Sure it looks a little wonky, but I guess that’s FE6 palette at work. I’ll see if I can make it look nicer.

EDIT: Sorry for derailing this topic!

1 Like

Fucking finally got that sorted out.

1 Like

Kid’s so angry he wrecks the map. I can dig.

2 Likes

He looks a little butthurt

just a little bit butt hurt ya.

btw this was the real image
http://puu.sh/falIT.png

Check out the custom portrait I made from one of the FE6 Villagers.
I think it came out pretty good

3 Likes

Awakening style voice acting demo

https://youtu.be/u3BDPvAa5jQ

Sadly it’s more effort than it’s worth IMO but at least it’s possible.
Done using [LoadOverworldFaces] and TEXTEND; _0x1620 (sound id); TEXTCONT repeatedly.

3 Likes

If you don’t visit Serenes then you won’t know of the Radiant Collection but currently I’m working through on redoing all the Tellius graphics to GBA FE style and have them sized and formatted for Yeti’s upcoming engine FEXNA.

The fan-game remake or whatever is literally a pipe-dream as of this moment, I’ve been mulling over the idea of going over the Tellius games and fixing a couple things here and there.
The one major thing I wanted to do is have a more structured, or at least more straight-forward understanding of the different stories.

For example, I’d want to change Ike’s story to just him dealing with the Black Knight, and once that’s done he’ll continue running the Greil Mercs until he leaves, whereas then Micaiah would save Daein before taking down the final boss of FE10 herself, instead of Ike.
(Ike’s story would be his Path of Radiance, and Micaiah’s would bring a Radiant Dawn, geddit?)

And maybe I’d want to make my own third part, only so I can put my self-insert in there somewhere. Heh.
So yeah, at the moment I’m just running through the things in my head, but I’m working on it, I guess, so it fits here.

2 Likes

I remembered seeing this when it was first starting, but wow! That’s some pretty epic progress in a short amount of time. Color me impressed.

Ryrumeli, is that you?

3 Likes

No but I hear that guy’s awesome

1 Like

Gib me dragons plz

The computer I had it on isn’t working (It won’t even turn on) so I’ve pretty much lost everything i was working on, including that animation.

is it bad that I’m a lot more interested in that MIDI of what sounds like Don’t Speak Her Name