[Fangames] What are you working on?

Thanks for the replies guys.

Here’s the new prologue. Still a little plain, but now its got not one, but two carpets

Here’s the second one. Started over with it since the other one was just not happening.

Don’t forget the cracks in the second one. Good improvement, though.

Much better on both, maybe add some paths to the grass towards where the cracked wall is? Like a spotted path or something, idk, but it’s better now

Here’s an updated first map

Here’s the second one.

I made map sprites the the ephraim sword animation I made last weekend

3 Likes

The maps are definitely looking more interesting now. Nice going.

1 Like

Thank you.

I’m going to start a short little hack about space soldiers from the future crash landing on some fire emblemy place. It’s going to be told in chunks of chapters, with the characters used in the first chunk of chapters all having there own decedents. Unlike the 3dsfes you don’t need to pair them up, all decedents (not always immediate family). I’m going to use blazers character swapper patch thing. Story wise it’s just gonna be how this small community crash landed and survived against the local population of beasties and baddies, with each new generation having lost a bit of tech and iterated more local tech. All player characters will have custom classes with each decedent being a similar but tweaked (to show that the technology starts to die and/or breaks beyond repair). Promotion might not be a choice, more so an obligatory change every few chapters, so spreading your levels around will be important.

Sorry for the chaotic wall of text there :stuck_out_tongue: it’s all still crashing around in my head

1 Like

Trying my hand at making weapon icons
Here are come of the tomes I’ve made so far

How does it look?

1 Like

Working on a Rebecca Ranger Animation
The bow animation is about halfway finished now

2 Likes

Teraspark, yes!

1 Like

I made map sprites for the female ranger

2 Likes

opening cutscene of chapter 9 for me

Good shit. It looks great.

I’m planning on giving the female paladin a bow animation
I only have the dodging frames done so far

2 Likes

I would never recommend using a shield and bow in one hand. A buckler? Sure. A large shield like that? Good luck.

1 Like

It felt wrong to get rid of the shield when its in every other animation, and people said the bow looked weird in the other hand so I tried to improvise. I’m still not sure where to go with this animation

I’d remove the shield.

As for firing the bow, I’d probably have the horse turn around in the animation so that you won’t have to worry about it’s head and the bow taking up the same space making the spriting a bit more tedious than it needs to be.
Just have her twist at the hip and copy the sniper animation or something like that.

I’ve been considering removing the shield from the start it just seemed like a pain do have to draw the body under the shield for every frame, but now it looks like including the shield is more effort than removing it. If i can’t find a way to make the shield work by this weekend, I’ll probably ditch it and copy the either the sniper or ranger animations.

Maybe just have the shield hanging off the side of the horse or something. Like she puts it away when using a bow.

1 Like