Expanded Universe Initiative: "I Have a Dream!"

hextator’s doc

if you ask me it’s more trouble than it’s worth; the entire regcontrol.h file is meant to make it save your registers properly

… yeeeeah looks really messy and more of an asm substitute than anything. I’ll just code in thumb.

the idea is that you only need to specify which registers are dirty and which aren’t (and then the compiler takes care of the rest) but the method of doing so is so unbelievably hacky that it’s not worth it imo

I’ll try and learn asm, as I have wanted to get back in this for a while. I had a class in uni, and now I clearly lost most of it. Also, I’m willing to take roles on projects for either asm, event assembler, maps. I just got back in this, so I’m obviously still very green and learning.

2 Likes

Hey guys,

I’d be interested in helping out as well. I have some experience hacking mostly FE8; have knowledge of event hacking and some map making as well. I’m a programmer too, so I can code in assembly but don’t know most of the specific-to-FE-hacking stuff. Sign me up as well :smile:

2 Likes

Most excellent to have another fresh face aboard!

Since there’s some decent interest in FE8, I’d definitely be interested in putting that sequel on the frontburner. It’d be a another foray into the “FE8 renaissance” that’s been long overdue. Slowly pecking away at the spreadsheet/plot outline.

Alright m8s, I’m just some scrub that can do FE7 events and if I had the time, could mabey learn some FE8 stuff. I’m also a meh map maker (damn those mountains!) I love the idea of the FE8 sequel and Exalted legacy/FE3 remake thing.

1 Like

The real question is…
Do we use FE8 engine for the sequel or what?

If we’re dredging up old memories, I vote Eirika as the new Demon King vessel and have her murder her brother, because I thought it was silly Renais got Rausten’s Sacred Stone anyway, also, make Myrrh the MC

Making this a FE8 hack could be interesting, with the right people behind it, it could really spur FE8 hacking knowledge gain, at least. (World map advancements pls)

I do like FE8. :B

1 Like

Of course we’d use the FE8 engine for the sequel! What’s the point in not doing that?

@Kobazco, it’d be cool to have you on board for the FE3 book 2 remake! Another eventer is always a blessing.

i ain’t teaching squat to anyone who types like that

just saying

@CT075, I assume you might be talking about me? If so, then yeah I’m a terrible person who has gotten in the habit of using m8. I suck D:

@Arch, Yeah I would love to help with FE3 book 2 remake! :smiley: Only problem is school is coming up for me and i might not have much free time to work on it but otherwise sounds great!

If you guys are going to do an FE8 sequel, I wouldn’t mind being on board for story and graphics. I’ve already got a couple of mugs for my own project and some story concepts. So if this is serious, I’d be more than happy to jump on board.

I’ve been pecking away at the spreadsheet over the weekend to forge some sort of rough outline. I’d love to see what you’ve already got, Nickt. Send it in a PM or post it or whatevs.

Basically, this is sort of how things look in my head timeline-wise:

Phase 1:

• Elibian Nights (Coming out by month’s end)
  • Exalted Legacy
  • Exalted Legacy II: Light and Shadow (?)
  • Fire Emblem: Depths of Darkness (tentative title)

Phase 2:

• Exalted Legacy III: Slumber
  • Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (XNA)

FE8 getting a sequel has been on my priorities list for as long as I can remember, but nothing’s ever really materialized. It seems like there’s decent interest in making that a reality, so I’m down. Let’s make it happen!

I’m also considering the FE3A project’s placement - I’m looking for a good pilot project to sort of test the waters with on organized hacking teams like this. After Blazing Shell is ready for project development, I’m porting Exalted Legacy (it’s already sort of begun for the FEE3 demo) to build the “Exalted Engine,” and either developing FE3A concurrently with Exalted Legacy (which I aim to have more-or-less resource-complete by year’s end) or doing it alongside the third entry further down the road.