Elibean Nights - Final Draft [PLAYTEST PATCH, 6-5-21]

Bah, I still think Eliwood should have a circlet

But sirius, Eliwood looks great.

1 Like

The spiffy Eliwood is awesome!

1 Like

What a dashing lad.

1 Like

Man Eliwood looks dashing in that new fancy white armor! Maybe a new palette for his battle animation would be just as spiffy?

Also digging Louise’s new mug, it really looks great and fits her new class more. Kudos to the creators!

2 Likes

i still don’t like louises hat, but its a nice mug, as always merc.

1 Like

More update because. Thanks to @Temp for the nice edits to Eliwood’s animation, matches the new mug rather nicely! Then we’ve got @jjl2357’s new weapon rank display hax on full display, that’s just what Farina needed. Thanks to you too, bud!

5 Likes

i like this, makes the screen look cleaner.

also possibility for mixed magic and str type classes in hacking goes up, now there just needs to be something to make an assigned skill for certain classes that makes them draw magical based attacks from resistance instead of str.

1 Like

this is a thing already. at least in FE7

1 Like

really? then my life is complete. can it be set as a class skill instead of a weapon skill though?

1 Like

It can be, yes

1 Like

cool. done internally squeeing now.

1 Like

Just wanted to update today and say that I’ve implemented all the matchmaker pairings for Lyn’s Tale, Rath’s Tale, Kent’s Tale, Legault’s Tale, and Raven’s Tale.

“Pics or it didn’t happen, Arch!” With Legault’s Tale wrapped up I think matchmaker’s 100% coded. Gotta finish up all the new text I’ve added today. Vaida doesn’t have a selectable pairing but if you pair Priscilla with somebody else, Heath joins in her revengequest. And also joins the Black Fang because #noncanon. Also I’ve been procrastinating on writing that ending scene for years…

3 Likes

Feral Skunk? Excellent name.

1 Like

Download final beta here!

Gonna keep a bugs list up.

General Things:
[ ] No alternate class card for female Hero.
[ ] No alternate class card for female Paladin (plspls @L95?).
[*] FE4-style bosses that reflexively switch weapons to counter-attack every time.

Characters/Classes:
[x] Seraph Knight gives 100EXP.
[x] Ballistician gives 100EXP.
[x] Sage_Fb MAG cap is 20.

Weapons/Items:
[ ] Bronze Bow/Axe do not have descriptions.
[x] Rune Bow costs 0G.
[x] Artemis has no sale price.
[x] Hunting Bow has no arrow animation.
[*] Check the Smithing Kit functionality…
[ ] Rename the Hoplon Guard to Silver Shield/new icon?
[x] Make it so that the statboost effect can’t stack.
[ ] Change the timing of the dodge for Arcthunder.
[x] Wing Spear/Delphi Shield doesn’t protect from arrows.

Eliwood’s Tale:
[x] Eliwood’s new animation freezes the game when critting.
[x] Reference to Ninian despite pairings (just took out the by-name referral altogether).
[ ] Eliwood uses his old portrait for being sad. New one will be made eventually.
[x] Igor unintentionally shows up in the tale.

Merlinus’ Gaiden:
[ ] Dart x Farina ‘Talk’ text isn’t written (Hector was unhappy with your choice anyways).
[ ] Dart x Wil ‘Talk’ if Wil paired with Rebecca (original chain of talks intentionally disabled here).
[x] Lowen has a Javelin that he can’t use anymore (so now he gets an Iron Sword…).

Lyn’s Tale:
[x] Able to access EndingB outside of the Lyn x Kent pairing.
[x] EndingA gets caught in a conditional loop (IMPLOSION #3).

Rath’s Gaiden:
[x] Lyn shows up on Turn 2 instead of Turn 8.

Kent’s Gaiden:
[ ] Smithing Kit village text is erroneous.

Hector’s Tale:
[ ] No Serra x Oswin ‘Talk’.
[x] Erik’s death quote glitches.
[x] No death quotes for Farina, Lisbet, or Fargus.

Pent’s Tale:
[x] Infinite event loop caused by using CALL instead of JUMP (IMPLOSION #2).
[x] Ephidel’s palette is not accurate yes (it’s just Limstella’s - @dancer_A did a new one bless him).
[x] Serra has no death quote.

Pent’s Gaiden:
[x] Nino/Jaffar ending event still occurs even if she’s paired with Erk.
[x] No death quotes for Priscilla and Serra.
[ ] Nino needs her quote to change based on pairing.

Raven’s Tale:
[x] Goofed Sagittary palette in pt1 (I just took him out altogether).
[x] Sain doesn’t appear on the map in pt1 ending.
[ ] Guy x Priscilla ‘Talk’ in pt2 not written.
[ ] No Priscilla x Sain ‘Talk’.
[x] Erk appearing as an enemy in pt2 despite being paired with Priscilla (my baaaaad).
[ ] Misplaced house convo text in pt2.
[ ] Playable Erk has no death quote.
[ ] Shen can revisit his house to obtain multiple Pugilist axes.
[x] Sain, Guy, and Erk (while playable) have no death quotes.

Karel’s Tale:
[x] Knights need a palette apparently.

Jerrot’s Tale:
[x] Mercutio, Grant, and Sigune have no death quotes.
[x] Tybalt has no specific battle quotes (event ID already triggered?)
[x] Tybalt’s death quote isn’t working either?
[ ] South village talks about Elixir, gives 10000G.

Legault’s Tale:
[x] Isadora did not substitute properly in pt1 (debugging scrap).
[x] Nino has no death quote.
[x] Isadora has no death quote.
[x] Ending event of pt2 tears the game apart (IMPLOSION #1).
[x] Everrett/Nando x Dieter ‘Talk’ events happening before he joins.
[x] pt2 automatically ends after Vaida arrives.
[x] Heath pairing forced “on.”

Zephiel’s Tale:
[x] Tale ends by defeating Nils even if Ninian is still alive.
[x] Ninian has no death quote.
[ ] Narcian’s sword isn’t super-effective against Manaketes.
[x] Flashback uses the new Eliwood portrait.

4 Likes

Has the sage Mag cap always been 20?

EDIT:
Also:
There’s a very subtle graphical glitch going on with map tiles. Going from the stat screen to the map makes things change slightly. (see where I put the cursor)

If that’s always been there then lol

Also, in Zephiels tale, killing Nils ends the map even if Ninian is alive still, not sure what to think of that.

1 Like

Doop. It’s because I split Anima/Staff and Anima/Light Sages into separate classes. Fix’d in the updated patch! Poor Brenya.

Not sure about the tile glitch tho…

And I need to whip up a “kill both bosses” victory for that finale. Forgot that part.

2 Likes

I haven’t been following the project closely, so I may go over something that’s already been answered for an older patch.

• Eliwood’s old ‘depressed’ mug gets used in his chapter.
  • If Eliwood gets a kill with a critical you get your standard FE ear-piercing freeze. Only did it with Tyrfing but I’d put my money on the new sprite.
  • How does the matchmaking thing effect supports? I’ve noticed some still have A ranks with other people even if they’ve been given a different pairing (Rebecca still has an A with Dan and Eliwood seems to still have A Marcus).
  • I get this when using the Smithing Kit in Eliwood pt 2:
  • This Smithing Kit also didn’t have any effect on Will’s Axereaver.
  • This conversation was just a little out of place.
  • Your Hoplon Guard is a massive troll. Silly me for not checking the description, but no crits > +2 Def/Res is massive and unexpected nerf >>
  • I have no idea what could cause this, but the save screen music after Eliwood pt2 has the map music from the chapter playing.
  • When using the Hunting Bow in Lyn part 1, she has no projectile animation causing damage on the opponent to not show until back on the map.
  • It’s possible to have a conversation between Sain, Kent and Lyn loop itself (as in the next scene is the same scene that just finished). I’ve uploaded a save file with this ready to occur if you clear the chapter then and there. If I have Lyn talk to Prasad this removes that conversation and it will proceed to Rath’s chapter.
  • A Paladin to the right of the start of Kent’s chapter has Sword/Lance weapon ranks but has a Steel Axe.
  • Also in Kent’s chapter, the north-east village resident refers to the Smithing Kit he gives you as a shining staff. Did this used to be a Hammerne?
  • The Delphi Shield doesn’t seem to prevent the extra damage from a General’s Steel Bow or Arrowspate, at least. I haven’t tested it against many other bows.

I’ll edit in more as I go.

1 Like

edit: nvr mind

on a side note though how can erk be in two places at once? ravens tale part 2

1 Like

it’s not really a nerf; the iron rune still exists and in order for the hoplon guard to not just be a carbon copy, it would have to be different. Else why even bother adding it

1 Like

…I’m not sure how I didn’t even notice it was added in on top of the Iron Rune. Either way though, anyone who’s ever seen the Hoplon Guard before would normally expect it to block crits before they checked it. I understand why it was changed, but maybe the name should have been changed too to reflect this. Not a big deal though.

1 Like