Elibean Nights - Final Draft [PLAYTEST PATCH, 6-5-21]

Is it scheduled for a Christmas release?

1 Like

you got a knight ring to work? nice.

2 Likes

Just wanted to offer up an update on my work schedule: I’ve got a thesis paper due on Tuesday, last assignment of my college career, and then from December 3rd - 13th I’m basically going to be free every day (until moving back home on the 15th). My apologies for all the delays, I wanted Elibian Nights to be ready for you all much sooner, but get ready for a 10 day blitz to the finish line!

And in accordance with that, I’m needing to assemble one final beta testing team; anyone with free time during those 10 days is welcome to shoot me a PM and apply!

Let’s get everything right for a Christmas day release.

2 Likes

So, I figured I’d just write up my to-do list here so y’all can see the progress happen.

Eliwood’s Tale:

[ ] Dorcas x Natalie (Talk)

Lyn’s Tale:

[ ] Story modifications for Eliwood/Hector pairings

Rath’s Tale:

[ ] Version of story without Lyn for Kent, Eliwood, Hector pairings
[ ] Double-check Trororo achievement

Kent’s Tale:

[ ] Possibilities for Lyn paired with Rath, Eliwood, or Hector

Hector’s Tale:

[x] Hector battle palette revamp (thanks @Temp!)
[x] Change “Door” to “Bridge” command to lower drawbridge after obtaining a Lockpick
[] House 6 conversation
[ ] Make Erik’s palette display as an enemy
[ ] Lisbet x Hector support chain
[
] Fix Fargus’s double spawning glitch
[ ] Whiskey item/effect/icon

Raven’s Tale:

[ ] Priscilla x Guy (Talk, pt1)
[ ] Erk x Shen (Talk, pt1)
[ ] Guy x Shen (Talk, pt1)
[x] Ending pt1 pairings
[x] Opening pt2 pairings
[ ] Ending pt2 pairings
[ ] Make phase two reinforcements appear at both the start of the player phase and enemy phase. It was supposed to be unbeatable goddammit!

Legault’s Tale
[x] Change ‘Seize’ to ‘Escape’ for this chapter
[x] Change chapter end condition to all allies having left the map
[*] ASMC needed that nukes active unit from map
[x] Need the ability to set certain chapters to allow all units to use “seize”
[ ] Igor as a substitute character (pt2)
[ ] Implement Vaida x Harken pairing (pt2)
[ ] Implement Vaida x Heath pairing (pt2)
[x] “Door” command on breakable doors
[ ] Finally write the final scene!

Zephiel’s Tale:

[ ] White dragon’s gate palette with fog (pt2, @dancer_A)
[x] Figure out why pt1 is giving me a BIOS error…

General Tasks:

[] Implement support level changing ASM.
[x] Implement Hex’s command replacement hack.
[ ] Hard mode enemy lists.
[x] Find all items sold for 0G and establish a price.
[ ] Create duplicate item effects (Hammerne and Restore).
[x] Knight Ring allowing units to move after attacking (@Crazycolorz5).
[ ] Utilize thief escape points for all chapters with thieves.
[
] Make Hoplon Guards not OP this will never happen
[ ] Fix the crapton of broken death quotes/events

Finished Tales:

[x] Jerrot’s Tale
[ ] Delete the data for the subs at the end of tale so their data doesn’t persist
[x] Pent’s Tale
[x] Merlinus’s Tale

1 Like

I was going to add a whiskey item into my own game. What’s your whiskey supposed to do?

1 Like

I haven’t yet decided. Possibly a vulnerary heal that also poisons the user. What were you thinking?

2 Likes

Personally I was going to make it halve skill but increase strength and luck by 50% as a status

1 Like

:open_mouth: You managed to figure this one out?!

1 Like

that’s been done for years bro

1 Like

Not really. I have to do it in a pretty hacky way. You can’t get the active unit to leave the map, and triggering the command makes the unit stay active for the duration of the event called and any AFEVs. So unless that changes, you basically can only have one unit escape per turn and the unit on the tile at the end of your turn leaves the map.

2 Likes

you could make the active unit invisible no?
I meant the command text

1 Like

the escape doesn’t work because you can’t apply changes to the active unit

you can see if it writes the active unit data to 0203a3f0 and trying to invis them manually from there

1 Like

Unless we could get an AFEV to occur after the unit grays out, or force the unit to gray out (there’s got to be some kind of routine that deactivates the active unit after these events) with an ASMC and then just DISA the damn unit.

2 Likes

You could try and bother @Hextator to do it; he did a similar thing for Serenes Emblem where the seize command was changed to an escape command(aka the text was different for that chapter and that chapter alone).

1 Like

its done
there’s doc on it
its not hard

basically, you can either a: have the seize command point to an address in the RAM and change it when needed which is what Alex did or b: tell the game to load another text ID if chapter ID is X

for making the character disappear, I’m pretty sure you could make them invisible through some turn status combination; active character is the one who has the 1 bit set in their turn status

1 Like

Believe me, I’ve tried a ton of different approaches. Because of the way active units are handled graphically and in memory, it’s not that simple.

1 Like

p sure I did it the second way; the first way sounds more like what I did for making the tactician’s name able to be used for units

1 Like

that might’ve been what I was thinking of but I know this was done already

1 Like

I think there’s a flag somewhere in the RAM character table that marks a character as “undeployed”… you could probably write an ASM code that causes the active character to disappear by modifying that.

Edit: It’s the byte right after the character number… 0x09 means “undeployed”.

1 Like

Although doing that and removing the unit from the map unit data works on a non-selected unit, the selected unit is already removed from the map and setting that does no good.

1 Like