Elibean Nights - Final Draft [PLAYTEST PATCH, 6-5-21]

Oh, that’s rough man, here’s to hope you get your stuff back.

Also, FEXNA HYPE

1 Like

All of my digital 3DS content can be recovered, yes. We’ll see what rental insurance ends up covering once the claim is properly filed – police report has the laptop serial numbers listed on their little missing items form. Whoever burglarized the place got a nice little score, I guess. If they get caught up trying to pawn them off, then they’re fuckin’ idiots. I’ll keep my fingers crossed, but I am not anticipating getting the stuff back (this happened on Tuesday, around 10am in the morning).

2 Likes

Good luck with that Arch! It would sucks if you can’t enjoy your little Smash now and every while.
Still looking forward to the full release.

1 Like

That sucks man :frowning:
but here’s to EN coming back bigger and better than ever!

1 Like

Thank you for the well wishes, everyone.

In the near future, I’ll be focusing on my return to development with FEXNA. I want “Elibean Nights: Final Draft” to be better than anything I could have accomplished with a ROM hack. It’s always been something of a sandbox, an ongoing experiment – now, I’ve got a fully-equipped laboratory. I’m hoping to add more achievements, more bonus content, and a codex (among other things). Perhaps I might even create a few new maps to play. Igrene’s Tale still needs to be completed, and I had work-in-progress concepts on a small story for Astor. There’s also the possibility of doing a sea chapter starring Fargus (maybe I could even add a Kraken boss or something?), and a story fleshing out the relationship between Athos and Nergal has also been considered in the past. It might be interesting to write a tale starring one of the FE7x cast members, as a homage to Yeti and all of the assistance he’s given me with resurrecting EN. Wouldn’t want to get too crazy with adding new tales, but it’d also be a nice way to inject some new life into the project. As always, the floor is open to any ideas.

Of course, I’ll be using FEXNA’s skills system and adhering to its mechanics. I’m also considering doing some sort of “personal skills” (ala Fates) for the main character of each tale. Following up on something I’d been doing with EN recently, I’d also like to add some type of formal system for handling equip-able items (like the stat boost items, Iron Rune, Delphi Shield, etc.). One thought was to add an “accessory slot” that you can only change/remove when moving the unit, or to treat “hold items” (what I’d been calling them) with a special indicator and have the game process the first one in the unit’s inventory (although that could be more susceptible to trade abuse).

I’ve recently acquired a replacement laptop (after maxing out a credit card in the process, lulz; hopefully that rental insurance check comes through soon enough), and I’ll begin experimenting with FEXNA in earnest once I manage to get an internet connection in my new apartment.

9 Likes

TRS style Shields would be a cool thing to implement, and I will always voice support for Fates style personal skills

2 Likes

Short of voice acting this is looking to be the one of the most professional and quality things that’ve come from the Fire Emblem licence and/or IP.

1 Like

That’s a good news to hear at the very least. If you do do Fargus tale, will the Kraken be on par with FE7 Fire Dragon in size and stats wise? hehe

1 Like

A kraken, huh?
that’s gonna be awks…

1 Like

It’d be more likely that I’d have the kraken’s tentacles attack you from over the sides of the ship, and have it run away after taking enough damage. If I do that at all, idk just spitballing the kraken thing mostly.

4 Likes

You could always make it a survive mission with Fargus going down with the ship at the end

3 Likes

Sounds swell

1 Like

That’s how I’d handle it as well.
Having maybe a central target which is a head and then tentacles in other spaces. Gives a sense of scale and multiple targets so you have to split your units.

1 Like

Plz halp. Legault’s tale is unfinishable. Montressor doesn’t appear in Ivory Flower of Light pt2. Im stuck!

1 Like

Update I know that Arch has moved on to fexna. I’m not asking for an update or something but if Anyone knows how to complete this chapter which I believe was once fully playable, I’d appreciate it. If it is an unfixable glitch then fine but tell me so.

1 Like

Yeah I had this problem too. Legault’s tale Part 2 is broken because the DOOR event ID was changed from 0x19 to 0xC but the AFEV didn’t get changed so now the boss doesn’t appear when the throne room is opened.

Try https://www.dropbox.com/s/my9s8uuss1x9e08/legaultfix.txt?dl=0
(use Event Assembler to apply the fix)

3 Likes

Ok thanks! So I guess it won’t work without the event assembler thingy?

1 Like

Another update. Can @circleseverywhere please give me a patch? Sorry total noob here.

1 Like

All you have to do is open up the EN rom you have with the Event Assembler and assemble the events in that text file (by choosing the text file in the appropriate slot and hitting the assemble button.

1 Like

That is the patch, and Event Assembler is the patcher.

1 Like