Elibean Nights - Final Draft [PLAYTEST PATCH, 6-5-21]

Bowstaff that shoots Heal staves as blunt weapons.

5 Likes

Rename to Staffitary?

2 Likes

Staff archers actually don’t seem like that bad an idea, considering I actually know several (bow healers) from other works of fiction. Natalia from Tales of the Abyss, for example. Makes me wonder why FE hasn’t had characters who can use both bows and staves yet, barring a few units in FE4 who can use anything else as well.

now can we have an str/mag split please

1 Like

Mainly because bows and staves are magic/physical which just rarely happens in FE, and then in GBA the bows and staves appear on the same bottom right entry anyway so…

1 Like

Physical/healing units are already enabled by making healing read from RES. Currently only Farina’s special Seraph Knt. class makes use of this, though. Staff Rogues (like Trickster, yeah) might be another good addition. Without Pick, they’re kinda stuck between “higher stat cap thief” and “swordmaster with no crit.” With Sagittary, it’d help further differentiate from Sniper too.

2 Likes

I mean, obviously, but we have Mist and Elincia, yet both use swords as a secondary… there’s also FE4/FE13 promoted pegs who use lances and staves (FE4 falcoknights can also use swords as well but that’s neither here nor there.) Which reminds me: War Clerics have axe/staff covered as well, so…

1 Like

In a future project I’ll have a revamped Axe/Staff Valkyrie class cuz War Clerics sucked and Mist was boring too.

It’d be neat to have one hybrid class for each weapon type but not sure where I’d get Axe/Staff in EN to work.

2 Likes

I kinda wanted to add War Monks as a promotion for priests/fighters but there’s no good animation so… nope!

1 Like

Renault would be a good candidate for War Monk if he weren’t so gimped as a unit in EN.

Hawkeye maybe?

2 Likes

don’t you even dare

2 Likes

http://oi62.tinypic.com/20fc4ro.jpg

4 Likes

I need to kill someone brb

say uh mikey on a completely unrelated note what’s your address

1 Like

Mail him glitter

2 Likes

Luckyly I live in the remote country of Honduras~

1 Like

Dat wouldn’t happen to be an animation, would it? Cuz I’d totes do it if one existed.

2 Likes

Based god @CT075 reporting for duty. Finally got anticipation down pending further bugtests.

2 Likes

RIP Kent

1 Like

Couple of changes being made to Pent’s Tale since I believe it’s the oldest original script/design still intact (there was a new map at some point in the process cuz Nayrmaps were baremaps).

Chief among them are those items for the Emblemologist achievement. Not only were they really hard to get, but they were all totes useless. Now you’ll be able to find the real(ish) Starsphere, with all of its +2 boosting glory (because Archsage!Pent/Dark Druid!Canas weren’t OP enough). Planning on adding hold item effects for the other two as well, suggestions are welcome! Not sure what to do with Ragnell either (since there are no swordies unless you carry it over to the gaiden for Jaffar), and ideas on a replacement item that’d fit? Raven already gets it in Regalia Mode anyways.

And also it’s a real escape mission now because we have those aaaaah

2 Likes

Maybe replace Ragnell with Dierdre’s circlet?
(I was going to say something from FE2, but I can’t really think of any important items…Celica does get a circlet that makes her promote as a text only thing.) To tell the truth, I don’t remember what the items are atm, if the circlet is already there then lol

(…or do you want something from Tellius? How about, “old medallion” :B )

1 Like

The items currently planned are:

• Celestial Orb (Starsphere, Archanea): +2 to Str/Skl/Spd/Luk/Def/Res
  • Faded Scroll (Baldo Scroll, Jugdral): Grants holder +25% to all growths.
  • Savior Brace (Lunar/Solar Brace, Magvel): Negates rescue penalties.
  • Rusty Coin (Tellius): Weapon uses do not deplete.

Unless people have better ideas for effects, of course.

2 Likes