CHES code giving me shit

/#define MysNote2 0x9D

CHES 0x2C RightChest [28,2] 0x12

RightChest:
MACC [28,2] // unlocking chest mapchange
ITGV MysNote2
MACC [25,3] // opened gate mapchange
ENDA

So everything is looking good, but when I unlocked the chest, I get a SteelAxe instead?
This has been a problem with me in the past, whenever I try to use CHES to attach an event to a chest opening I always get ITGV mishaps. I feel like I’m missing something small, any help?

… Try putting a space between the coördinates in the CHES code so it’s [28, 2] rather than [28,2]. It sounds stupid, yes, but the lack of spaces is what was making DOOR not work for me earlier, so maybe it’s similar.

Wouldn’t MAC1 be better? And doesnt’ Chest do the map change automatically if there is one on that tile?

@Alusq that didn’t solve the problem

@Crazycolorz5 you’re right, i didnt need the first MACC, but I’m still left with a steel axe…

1 Like

okay so making it

Chest(MysNote2,28,2)

solves the problem but I can’t attach events to naturally. Did I like, fuck the CHES code up in the game or something?

Well, looking at the chest code according to the main code helpers:

So, it’s (probably) interpreting RightChest as an item, which is a steel axe I guess ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Try this:
CHES 0x2C 0 [28,2] 0x12

//…

AFEV 0x2D RightChest 0x2C

RightChest:
ITGV MysNote2
MAC1 [25,3] // opened gate mapchange
ENDA

You could also do CHES 0x2C MysNote2 [28,2] 0x12 instead of having ITGV MysNote2 (though if you wanted like a text event before the note is obtained, you would have to use ITGV to “delay” getting it)

2 Likes

beauty! worked like a charm, thanks Aura!

I really don’t think you can use that second parameter as a pointer to an event. It’s strictly used for the item ID, or at least that’s how I’ve always used it.

do you mean that this is incorrect?

CHES 0x2C 0 [28,2] 0x12

//…

AFEV 0x2D RightChest 0x2C

Nope. It’s spot on, I was just clarifying. That’s why putting 0 works, because it’s giving you item ID 0x00 (nothing).