Blazing Renaissance ~ Planning

Sounds like a reasonably solid foundation. Yes, I’ll be happy to musick. I’ll stay away from writing because I know I’ll end up trying to rewrite the entire thing and then probably add on another 20 chapters to it.

1 Like

Theseus Mode:

• Prologue: Surround enemy
  • Chapter 1: Arrive
  • Chapter 2: Seize all
  • Chapter 3:
  • Chapter 4:
  • Chapter 5: Rout

Aderyn Mode:

• Prologue: Defend villages
  • Chapter 1: Escape
  • Chapter 2: Defeat ballistae
  • Chapter 3:
  • Chapter 4:
  • Chapter 5: Rout

That’s sort of the sketch outline that I have right now. Since Prime has also volunteered to event, we could possibly take one mode each (with only six chapters it won’t be too much of a time-consuming commitment).

I guess we’ll put this into motion when BLAZING shell’s final/first release version is released(I assume you’re still making edits to the thing?). I’m not sure how to make it start on the mode start thing, but I mean, there’ll be time to figure it out.

Are they meant to be played in order, with the conclusion to the entire story in Aderyn’s?

I don’t think so, but you just birthed an idea. What if certain actions in Theseus mode were to later affect your playthrough of Aderyn mode, and vice versa? Kind of like a Resident Evil 2 with its Leon A/Claire B scenarios.

That sounds like a really fun idea, plus it would make replaying the game a lot more interesting!

It could affect deployed units, and add more development to the storyline.

@Arch - The title I’ve been using for provincial heads is ‘Archon’. (Yay, more Greek!). Also, it’s just a fun word to say.

I like this idea. It’d even run well with the theme I’m trying to establish in IoA with both perspective and branching paths.

Not to be a downer, but I don’t think that would be possible with the way FE saves saves. Unless we like, jacked the “best playthroughs” data and somehow accessed that as permanent storage… (It’d be pretty bugged up if you tried to access that though). May be possible, but I know of no documentation on that.

It’d be easily possible if it automatically went to Aderyn mode after completing Theseus mode though, no?

Oh, some Oracle of Seasons/Ages shit.

Would the two modes share characters? If so, you could do a thing where whoever’s route you do second gets upgraded/different enemies, map layouts, and so forth.

You might be able to slot me under animating, as I’m doing a number of sprites for base IoA anyway.

Totally did not get directed here from a certain link in a certain topic of mine

I can help with mapping…!
And uh, that’s about it =3

Arch you need to let me make polls
Guys, should we wait until the FEE3-rendition of Fire BLAZING shell, or should we start soon/at Arch’s next release so that we can have a trailer and-or demo of the prologue for FEE3?

Also, we still need someone for Nightmare-editing/Balancing/playtesting(someone with a keen eye on map design and balance(Anyone wanna pm MarkyJoe1990 on another forum and ask if he wants to join us?)) and someone for Graphics-ing.

i actually have marc on my skype contact list but im not sure if he would be intrested. i would personaly be intrested in map desing and graphicsing.

I’d be up for balancing, along with the as-needed writing.

Lmao what; I’m not in for mapping, eventing, or balancing?
Wow, truly shocked there.

Well, I mean, you never said anything, and I don’t want to feel like I’m pushing anyone in. But I’ll add you in for them then.

I figured this was some kind of collective list, not a “jump in an enter” sort of thing(since most if not all of us I thought were going to be involved with FireShell). At least this clears up why @CT075 isn’t listed either for anything…

So I’ve basically been meditating in a forest these past two days, and will be doing so until I return to civilization on Monday.

But that never stops me from getting some work done. Updated chapter goals concepts:

Theseus Mode:

• Prologue: Surround enemies
  • Chapter 1: Arrive/Kill fewer than 20 enemies (can we get a goal window kill counter maybe?)
  • Chapter 2: Capture boss (Pi did capturing so maybe)
  • Chapter 3: Seize all
  • Chapter 4:
  • Chapter 5: Defeat 50 enemies

Aderyn Mode:

• Prologue: Defend villages
  • Chapter 1: Escape
  • Chapter 2: Sabotage supplies (similar to FE10’s, maybe with enemy convoys?)
  • Chapter 3: Rescue “Jorah” (temporary name)
  • Chapter 4: Recruit 30 soldiers/Restock
  • Chapter 5: Defeat 50 enemies

There are essentially three characters are set-in-stone, and then I was figuring we’d pad out the casts (about 10 units per mode + utilizing generics) with communal character submissions.