Battle Animations are halfwords too

optional reading

at the moment all you’re doing is changing a bunch of text that may or may not correspond to valid code

in order to actually make anything happen you have to run it through a compiler (in this case, the javac compiler), which turns that text into executable “machine” code (in this particular case it runs on a virtual machine but that’s a longer story).

if you have all the necessary software installed (i believe javac comes included with the most recent build of jdk), it’s as simple as running the compile scripts that came in the last few builds of FEditor (not sure if they’re still there).

Oh uh, lemme rephrase. I know what you mean to recompile, as I compile in FEXNA whenever I make edits, I just don’t know what I run to compile the program’s code.

I assume I need the Java Dev Kit to compile then? Or perhaps when you said the compile scripts in FEditor you meant something else. I’m not sure what those scripts are.

you don’t really need the whole JDK, just javac[.exe], but FEditor’s build commands are a little complex to make it into something more usable (you need to compile the app itself along with the various auxiliary utilities, then jar them together to make a standalone executable). there is a python script included with the build of FEditor that I have that automates this process.

Just out of curiosity, now that we know about all these halfwords anyway, wasn’t there gonna be a new release of FEditor with all these things updated pretty soon anyway?

@Temp has been working on it

i was going to go over it with a fine-toothed comb and rehaul as much of it as i could (“as much as I can” should read as significantly less than “the whole thing” which is, unfortunately, what we really want), but that takes more time than i have at the moment so i won’t be able to get around to that for a while

1 Like

Alright. I don’t need more than FF entries for now, and I can hold off a few months. I’ll wait for an update.

Awesome! I have modified my NMM and FEA.

You have to repoint the array too
That’s why it’d be good if feditor was updated and all of these u8 arrays made into u16 arrays

Thanks for your remind :slight_smile:
And I wonder if the character ID, class ID or something like those can be expanded, otherwise we will have over 0xFF portraits and animations but no way to load them in the game.

1 Like

That requires code changes albeit simple ones

the array will repoint itself when you expand in feditor

Is it already expanded in feditor?

increase the max index to expand

you’d think igor would know the basic functionality of his lord hextator’s tool

1 Like

The max index is 0xFF which is not a u16
Unless feditor is updated to accommodate this, saying that feditor can repoint the array is pointless.

the entire point of this thread is that the max index is a two byte value

Where did you get that java file?

It’s right there in the image.

In the FEditor src folder