Animation Directory

They definitely do not exist unless they’re in someone’s private computer buried somewhere.

Alrighty I think these will be the last animations I do for now, Let me know what you think:

Eliwood Promoted Bow Animation

Ephraim Sword Animation

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jmup2u84tt54339/sword2.rar?dl=0

These are a bit more freestyle than the others, let me know what you think. Also anyone feel free to edit/update them if you want.

4 Likes

Very nice! Great work bro!

Using Eliwood’s Knight Lord or a Lance/Bow T2 we could actually have a Silver Knight class :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Personally, if Lyn could get a lance animation for her promoted class, we could have:

Eliwood Unp: Bow
Eliwood Pro: Bow, Sword
Lyn Unp: Sword
Lyn Pro: Sword, Lance
Hector Unp: Axe
Hector Pro: Axe, Sword
(Eirika: Anima [+Light]
(Ephraim: Lance [+None?])

And then all the lords actually have different weapons they wield when unpromoted. Ofc, I’ve also considered:

Eliwood Lance [+Sword]
Lyn Sword [+Bow]
Hector Axe [+Sword]

And it achieves the same thing, but eh it’s a matter of taste.

Now to just animate this bad boy for Eliwood’s unpromoted Durandal animation…

1 Like

Its always bugged me too that the three lords didn’t all use different weapons, that’s what I was going for with the Eliwood lance animation.

Also that durandal animation is pretty freaking epic.

1 Like

On the other hand, Swords would be/already are the joining weapon for all three FE7 Lords, which is pretty neat to think about.

^Ideally, it’d be lance/bow, sword/lance, axe/sword split, but since Eliwood has a badass Durandal animation, it’d a loss to swap him to lance/bow.

Maybe if he had a sekrit new legendary lance weapon animation though…

Edit: Actually, better idea. Just make all the lords start with a different weapon, and they all gain sword on promo.

Eliwood: Lance+Sword
Lyn: Bow+Sword
Hector: Axe+Sword

Now it’s consistent, and everyone is unique right up to the endgame!

But Klok it’s the “Blazing Sword” not the “Lightning Sword.”

3 Likes

could you upload the frames for those as well?

This has the frames for the Ephraim Sword and the Promoted Eliwood Bow.

1 Like

I like the idea of all the lords with unique weapons, I feel like the sword is over used across the board.

I was gonna like your comment, but then I noticed the disgusting hypocrisy known as your username being named after a sword. You’re a betrayer of your own people.

there’s a few simple reasons why sword is used the most often
it’s a fantasy game, so swords have to be there
and in fe’s terms; swords > axes and bandits are in almost every earlygame fe chapter(and bandits wield axes), so its to give the main character an advantage

So let’s not make this a thing ever again please, fangame makers. Please.

1 Like

Personally, I’d like to see more Knights and Soldiers as starting enemies. Maybe a hack involving a Robin Hood-like ‘Lord’ that uses Bows and/or Axes to start off?

1 Like

yeah bows vs armor knights
that’s a match up i want to see
(also axes are innately inaccurate; reasoning why it’s a rare main weapon for lords)

i feel that anything done well will be fine; no one likes desert chapters and I managed to have 2 in less than 4 chapters with 0 complaints

I love desert chapters! Mainly because of secret items though.

That’s why you make the “Totally not a Warrior” Lord in this theoretical hack have a good personal weapon and/or good stats. Hector and Holmes were perfectly fine units despite being an axeknight and a glorified Forrestknight.

hector is pretty bad tbh
besides, neither is the first lord you get, which is where you get your early bandit chapters
so…