Amusing ROMhacking Glitches Thread

not my fault its @Brendor that did it!!!

How is it my fault that IS hardcoded everything ?
This is probably why a berserked unit has no animation. Instead of fixing the glitch, they just put up a dumb safeguard.
That would be the only to fix the glitch besides fucking with how units are placed.

1 Like

Brendor for IS 2015

1 Like

I remember first playing FE8 and seeing the scripted red unit vs red unit Valter vs Glen fight and then wondering why berserk didn’t show animations like that.

They were too lazy to fix it or had to meet a deadline
Since my anarchy hack is messing up because of it, I might make a real fix so berserked units show animations

1 Like

plz

Bwdyeti for IS 2015

Maybe you could hack the class slot so that bees don’t gain EXP?

I think the problem is that the ally leveled up but it only displays stats/class name of the unit on the right side of the screen (what’s usually always the player side).

1 Like

yeah, agalli still got exp and his own level, and he still gained stats.

That’s not the issue
The issue is the game is referencing the character on the right graphically, but the left practically. The bees aren’t gaining exp, the game is just using them because usually allies are always on the right side so instead of checking which is the ally unit, it just uses the right character blindly.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7753189/Awful%20Emblem/That%20Ain't%20Right.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7753189/Awful%20Emblem/That%20REALLY%20Ain't%20Right.png

We were trying to get the yellow textbox to show up and work properly. It…didn’t. (Does now though, this is an older picture)

7 Likes

that’s NSFW

6 Likes

Yeah, that’ll happen when you git low and dig deep

my sentiments exactly

19 Likes

Go home Sniper, you’re drunk.

6 Likes

Is no potato in Dread Isle; only cold and dark. Morph is of hallucinate sniper-potato.

5 Likes

At least it no longer freezes :joy:

I’m trying to dump and reinsert the animations, but it looks like the script is not correct… for some reason.
I’m noticing that the dumped script uses Modes 2 and 4, but doesn’t work correctly, maybe I can rescript these animations, but I’ll need someone to restore the generic palettes.

3 Likes

FEditor dumps scripts with modes 2 and 4, but takes scripts that skip modes 2 and 4. It’s obnoxious.

As for the generic palettes
[spoiler=Hidden in the documentation]
Format is
Color name:
16 bit GBA color value
Intensity - Decimal level (out of 31) (Decimal level (out of 255))

Light blue:
Hex 0x7F73
R - 19 (156)
G - 27 (222)
B - 31 (255)

Mid blue:
Hex 0x766C
R - 12 (099)
G - 19 (156)
B - 29 (239)

Dark blue:
Hex 0x6168
R - 08 (066)
G - 11 (090)
B - 24 (198)

Darker blue:
Hex 0x5085
R - 05 (041)
G - 04 (033)
B - 20 (165)[/spoiler]

Of course, even if you’ve got the colors right, sometimes it’ll just fail because it’s not perfect at converting 255 color ranges to 31 color ranges.

Maybe I’m dumb, but what’s the glitch here? It looks fine to me.

Roy and Nino are both attacking at the same time. Kind of like that one glitch Ash posted.

3 Likes