Amusing ROMhacking Glitches Thread

12 Likes

Indecisiveness leads down the path of destruction

7 Likes

New pitch for an FE game: “Your choices matter. So does your choice to re-choose”.

3 Likes

Holy shit. I don’t think I could even top that if I tried.

2 Likes

About that…
@1st_lieutenant_noguchi and I are already well into a fully custom “choose your own adventure Fire Emblem.” Choose your player class, and make decisions leading through multiple different ‘paths.’

Formal announcement :soon:

5 Likes

So, this, basically?

1 Like

Wow. I swear we came up with the idea on our own.
It’s kind of like that, but way updated with menus, for example, and ‘path’ splits happen quite often throughout the game. Also, we have vast amounts of lore (all thanks to noguchi). It’s the same base idea, but we handle it pretty differently.
I don’t want to give too much away before the announcement (probably in a couple months).

@Doc, what have you done?

You can’t repair a Repair kit!

3 Likes

just a small reminder

1 Like

I devised the “Ultima Questions” character choices idea, since I thought it added flavor. This was originally made back in like 2008/2009 before the big romhacking advancements, so we didn’t have a lot to work with, eventually dropped it.

Honestly just letting the player pick their MC n stuff is better anyway.

2 Likes

Huh. Could have sworn I put a boss icon on that mercenary.

EDIT: Oh yeah. I never made that character. Oops.

1 Like

Hey that stat screen glitch is the same i’m having while working on save expansion
can we be glitch friends

1 Like

Does anyone know what’s wrong with Sheeda? Marth just won’t stop going on about her problems. Don’t quote me on this, but I heard her attack stat in Heroes is absolutely terrible…

4 Likes

Wow! The armory man must reallllly like me if he’s giving me an infinite supply of steel swords and killing edges.

6 Likes

OH, MARTHIPAN!!

I HAVE S E V E R A L PROBLEMS IN TALYS!

[Cue Marth having a stroke]

2 Likes

1 Like

Hey guys, I figured out (accidentally) how to disable exp gains!

I’d like to add that this is from my first attempt to double all exp.

1 Like

Err, if you wanted to remove exp gain, you could set the “gain no exp” flag in the character editor.

That flag is “give no exp to characters who fight this character and also disable Silencer”, not “gain no exp”, though.

3 Likes

(in ram, obviously)$7670 = map size, used for camera locking. modifying it can lead to some pretty trippy effects with mirroring.

5 Likes