Amusing ROMhacking Glitches Thread

what the acual fuck???

The FE7 ROM is a cruel temptress

I might release this in item format just for shits and giggles

The help descriptions on those brown boxes actually look kinda neat, yo.

So do it yo

It’s probably a matter of changing a byte or two

I did this exact glitch once by accident. All you have to do is type “Obviam” in the header of the rom and suddenly the game loses its shit telling you “No my name is Hexator you fucking shitlord” but then it suddenly gets confused because maybe that’s not the actual correct name and the rom explodes. Very common 0/10.

3 Likes

When you don’t include the right codes with the prep screen.

4 Likes

I think I’ll just let you guys try to figure this one out yourselves.

8 Likes

got it; gilliam isn’t supposed to be in the prologue

13 Likes

Seth can warp dimensions by teleporting half of himself to the bottom of the screen?

3 Likes

Okay, guys. We’re now back to our regularly scheduled glitch fests.

6 Likes

okay for real, what the hell are you doing with your rom LOL @Ash3wl

5 Likes

Haven’t you ever heard about abuse?

4 Likes

I’m just doing some eventing, man. No big deal. ;p

5 Likes

More FE8 stuff:

If only you could hear the demon screech with this one. More ear-hurting than the normal one.

10 Likes

video please i want to listen to it

2 Likes

Working on making my improved text compression hax work together with the JSON patcher. This was I think the second try; the first hung at startup because I overwrote a chunk of the code with the new Huffman table, lol. It turned out I had the bits reversed in each byte of the compressed Huffman data, and then there was one more small bug after that.

Actually I wish I’d gotten more screenshots/video. It did some pretty weird stuff, but it was only text changes (and like, events skipping because of getting no or almost no text), none of this crazy graphics corruption.

6 Likes

I guess you could say es good.

4 Likes

16 Likes

Agalli: “I’ve lost my friends! Can you help me find them? They look like this!: [insert green-and-red trio here]”

8 Likes

That’s not a glitch. That’s a fucking feature. Inserting map sprites into text is the rad new thing everyone will be doing.

11 Likes