Amusing ROMhacking Glitches Thread

So, we were trying to kill the Tutorial option from Maiden of Darkness’s main menu. We did get it eventually but uh… before we did

That happened. Don’t ask how, I wouldn’t be able to tell you.

23 Likes

That actually looks freaking cool! Kinda reminds me of FE3.

2 Likes

Fire Emblem 3D confirmed, and it’s not even a 3DS game!

2 Likes

My general learned double team

7 Likes

I say this jokingly a lot, but for once I’m serious.

That’s no bug, that’s a feature.

3 Likes

how did you get dual attack working before me

3 Likes

I’ve returned

7 Likes

I’ve missed you

have a small teaser

8 Likes

I tried…? #FE1Hacking

7 Likes

What happens when you try expanding text windows in FE1.

5 Likes

now the third horizontal scrolling glitch in this thread. This is

1 Like

Anecdote here. Now, usually, these kinds of glitches are amazing, but here’s a basic one.

This is what happens when you let a Bard attempt to destroy a village in FE4. Since Brigands and Pirates don’t need steal, I thought I could have Bards serve as “Mage Thieves”.

Evidently, I was wrong. All because FE4 got really picky over who gets to destroy villages.

7 Likes

Actually, a bit more buggy goodness.

Expanding the amount of battle animations, map sprites, or even Triangle Attacks, can cause disaster when scripted battle sequences that have nothing to do with them occur. For example, the only example I have is Gandolf vs. Midayle at the beginning, where the game has given me garbage, locked up, went to black, and sent me to a glitchy battle where neither of them are present.

So much for Alec/Naoise/Arden and Seliph/Shannan/Ares alongside all three enemy triangles.

So if you’ve ever wanted to make your own units die, this is how. Unfortunately the video cuts itself short; Ethlyn does consume Finn, gain +HP from her level up, and Finn’s existence is disregarded.

1 Like

Video is private, RIP

i still dont know how that happened

8 Likes

oopsie

2 Likes

Trying to make the FE4 Armor Knight class gender neutral in its animations resulted in this. Bacchus warped out of existence after thinking his Steel axe was a Hand axe. Sigurd and his steed contemplate the fragility of FE4 in this regards. Before, Ayra was wielding an invisible weapon when she fought and lost to Sigurd.