Amusing ROMhacking Glitches Thread

it’s not a bug it’s a feature

3 Likes

I was trying to do a fake ending event triggered by the boss being defeated(or seizing the throne, I forget) which would then cut back to the map for the final part of the chapter, but this happened.

Note that I was controlling a blue unit with a different class and was five tiles to the right when I triggered the fake ending.

5 Likes

Featured: Why I have difficulty with Everything Assembler, because this happens when I follow instructions.

Mercifully, the music never got glitchy at all through this; but uh… this continues on for a REALLY long time and I didn’t capture anywhere near all of it.

5 Likes

So I accidentally proceeded to make a mug that doesn’t actually load up… Which turns out to do a lot of funky things.

…Wan can’t EA, basically; haha…

12 Likes

k

13 Likes

Best part is, the game didn’t even freeze.

11 Likes

“yeah we’re not repointing any more don’t worry about it” - Circles 2k16

9 Likes

SageMatthis : I wonder how my units would do against each other. I suppose I should test them in the link arena!
Enters link arena menu. Selects option to create team. Chooses most recent/farthest chapter.
SageMatthis: I suppose I should select my units…

SageMatthis: Blagh! ̶W̶h̶o̶ What the heck are you? Why do I not remember using you ever? Oh well. Might as well select-
*Game freezes then crashes
Rewinds to before selection
SageMatthis: Let’s just… manage the inventory!
Heads over to manage the inventory(ies?)

SageMatthis: Huh? Is it just me or do they look… different from before? Nah, must be my eyesight again.

6 Likes

When you go back to fix some old stuff and it just explodes.

8 Likes

u baad u baad
[tony] stark? [ned] stark???

3 Likes

Probably ned, given how dead that rom is

2 Likes

I don’t really know what is happening nor why its happening

10 Likes

Within the tent lies the gateway to hell

6 Likes

I somehow killed movement range using nmm2csv

3 Likes

Some of you may know that the level-up screen with animations on (which is shared with the promotion screen) is completely different from the level-up screen with animations off (differences are 1) the ‘Level Up!’ banners are different, and 2) the background layer slides in from the bottom vs from the left side).

I set out to correct this, using our newly discovered properties of the funky struct.

It did not end well.

13 Likes

The brave soldier was posthumously promoted for his bravery for fighting against the immortal Seth. May his sacrifice never be forgotten.

3 Likes

Healers gone wild
They heal n steal

11 Likes

Never try to rewrite the stat screen routines when you’re tired.

10 Likes

This is Circles’ fault. EDIT: I lied. But I still blame Circles.

13 Likes

I’m taking credit for this one thx

6 Likes