Amusing ROMhacking Glitches Thread

Select a fireball, what’s so hard to understand?

1 Like

In which Seth flies off into the sunset.

26 Likes

I was watching the gif like “Uh huh yeah I guess that’s kinda neat…” and then he actually flew off and I was ded.

5 Likes

If it worked properly, it wouldn’t be in the glitch thread, now would it?

(It actually works, as far as I can tell, for values up to 60. Somewhere between 60 and 75 causes the above issue. I don’t know why, and frankly, I’m not sure how much I really want to delve into it. I mean, 60 squares should be plenty, right?)

1 Like

No it is not.

http://i.imgur.com/JwKdsvu.png

10 Likes

Well, so, for starters… how do I win again? Or well, to put it more bluntly… Is this even fair? I think the arena guy must be high or something.

7 Likes

I had a similar issue, but with mages using Bolting.
At least my units were able to hit the enemy XD
I wish there were an option to change manually the weapons used at the Arena, but it seems that you only can modify the classes.

Is it something to do with the slot I used for that class? Or the perhaps the class’s weapons(Dark, bow, sword staves[custom class])? Well, putting a Dragon in the arena though makes the dragon unarmed, so free money and victory for me!

7 Likes

AFAIK weapons are determined by class and your level. And the game can only assign Iron, Steel and Silver weapons, for magic I think it only gives Fire, Elfire, Flux and Lightning.

1 Like

Actually, it can give Divine and Shine as well, as I went up against a bishop that used those.
But I assume it assigns a weapon based on the class’s highest default weapon rank?

Maybe, but it must have a table (Or some hard coded ASM routine) to assign weapons, because I only gives the same weapons/magics.
I have Fire/Wind/Thunder/Ice Mages, but the game gives Fire tomes to all of them, even if they can’t use it.

Maybe we could ask someone to look into it? M̶o̶s̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶z̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶s̶e̶l̶f̶.̶ ̶ ̶B̶u̶t̶ ̶m̶o̶s̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶A̶S̶M̶.̶ It would be neat to be able to edit what the game gives to arena opponents.

I wonder what would happen if we changed up weapons used in the arena to something? Like, Iron sword to an axe or something.

EDIT: Yeah, the game seems to be coded to give certain classes certain weapons by ID or something. I changed Iron Spear to a sword and the arena still gave my knight the “Iron Spear” each time.

The game plays fine. It just looks like crap.

8 Likes

Oh my god this is too perfect

30 Likes

What defuck?

5 Likes

If only you could defuck it.

2 Likes

That’s, um, quite the distinctive map sprite animation.

20 Likes

Wait what

1 Like

Don’t select him! You’ll ruin everything. He’s the fabled leviathan of yore, destined to destroy all he comes into contact with.

5 Likes