Amusing ROMhacking Glitches Thread

Stat boosters gone wrong

10 Likes

The ASM is breaking through!

2 Likes

tbh the general effect of the boost message box sort of crossing the entire screen is actually kinda nice, if useless

1 Like

I had the bits reversed in the huffman data again (this time, it’s not part of my text recompression hax, it’s just a quick thing I did to compress text using the original scheme)

But it’s ok, I figured it out:

Get hype :open_mouth:

14 Likes

I think I may have a bug.

So everyones attack is 0, enemies, players, everyone.

Then if roy is standing next to someone, their attack becomes 2, then each time you scroll over Roy, everyone gains 2 more attack.

10 Likes

it’s not a bug it’s a feature

3 Likes

I was trying to do a fake ending event triggered by the boss being defeated(or seizing the throne, I forget) which would then cut back to the map for the final part of the chapter, but this happened.

Note that I was controlling a blue unit with a different class and was five tiles to the right when I triggered the fake ending.

5 Likes

Featured: Why I have difficulty with Everything Assembler, because this happens when I follow instructions.

Mercifully, the music never got glitchy at all through this; but uh… this continues on for a REALLY long time and I didn’t capture anywhere near all of it.

5 Likes

So I accidentally proceeded to make a mug that doesn’t actually load up… Which turns out to do a lot of funky things.

…Wan can’t EA, basically; haha…

12 Likes

k

13 Likes

Best part is, the game didn’t even freeze.

11 Likes

“yeah we’re not repointing any more don’t worry about it” - Circles 2k16

9 Likes

SageMatthis : I wonder how my units would do against each other. I suppose I should test them in the link arena!
Enters link arena menu. Selects option to create team. Chooses most recent/farthest chapter.
SageMatthis: I suppose I should select my units…

SageMatthis: Blagh! ̶W̶h̶o̶ What the heck are you? Why do I not remember using you ever? Oh well. Might as well select-
*Game freezes then crashes
Rewinds to before selection
SageMatthis: Let’s just… manage the inventory!
Heads over to manage the inventory(ies?)

SageMatthis: Huh? Is it just me or do they look… different from before? Nah, must be my eyesight again.

6 Likes

When you go back to fix some old stuff and it just explodes.

8 Likes

u baad u baad
[tony] stark? [ned] stark???

3 Likes

Probably ned, given how dead that rom is

2 Likes

I don’t really know what is happening nor why its happening

10 Likes

Within the tent lies the gateway to hell

6 Likes

I somehow killed movement range using nmm2csv

3 Likes

Some of you may know that the level-up screen with animations on (which is shared with the promotion screen) is completely different from the level-up screen with animations off (differences are 1) the ‘Level Up!’ banners are different, and 2) the background layer slides in from the bottom vs from the left side).

I set out to correct this, using our newly discovered properties of the funky struct.

It did not end well.

13 Likes