Item Effect Revamp Package v1.6
**Currently FE8 Only**
**Use EA v10.1 or above**
You know that staff/use effect byte in item data that you've always ignored? Well now it does something!
Rather than have item effects be restricted to specific items by item you can now set the staff or use effect of an item by changing this byte in item data.
What this does is get rid of most of the previous limitations on custom items that bothered us before. Before if you wanted to give another item an existing effect you had to change 3 different pointers and make sure said item was below the heal staff in the item table. Now you can give any item/weapon an effect by changing a single byte in item data with a quick trip to nightmare(or nmm2csv).
I've also included a text file called Item Effect ID which tells you what each effect ID does. The source asm files are included as well
- Staves that heal based on might instead of set value
- Vulneraries that heal based on might instead of set value
- master keys that can open both chests and doors
- by default this will set the 5 use chest key (item 0x79) to be the master key you can change it back by setting the use effect byte to match the other chest key
v1.6 adds more AI support by having the AI check for effect ids rather than item ids, now you can have extra keys and lockpicks and the AI should know how to use them
- For reasons currently unknown, the pure water effect sometimes hangs the game when used on items besides pure water